WATERBERG DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY
Waterberg District Municipality is an equal opportunity employer subscribing to the Employment Equity Act, and hereby invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the under-mentioned post: Women and disabled persons are encouraged to apply.
(Employment contract linked to term of Office of the Chief Whip)
Position : Personal Assistant: Chief Whip
Post Level : 06
Salary : R 575 380.00 (All inclusive remuneration package)
REF : 4/3/1/PF- MC36SESE005
• Perusing Council and Committee Agenda and Minutes of meetings and identifying with items requiring the attention of the Chief Whip.
• Maintains and access records of discussions, instructions and correspondences.
• Screen all calls and visitors, take messages and returns calls.
• Receiving and communicating with guests, complaints and/or members of the public, establishing the nature of the visit and redirecting to appropriate personnel for attention.
• Attend to the filing of confidential/ general documentation and correspondences, removing and/ or inserting copies in specific files and/ or controlling and updating coding sequences to facilitate accessibility to information.
• Performs administrative activities associated with preparation of documents and correspondence for circulation.
All applications must be submitted on an official Waterberg District Municipality’s application form that is downloadable on our website: www.waterberg.gov.za or obtainable from the reception desk. The form must be accompanied by a detailed updated CV, recently (not older than 3 months) originally certified copies of qualifications, ID, driver’s license and a signed covering letter that indicate the position you are applying for and must be sent by post to: The Municipal Manager, Waterberg District Municipality, Private Bag X 1018, Modimolle, 0510 or hand delivered to Waterberg District Municipality, Harry Gwala Street, Registry Section, Room 27. Faxed, e-mailed, late applications and those without the relevant accompanying documents will not be considered.
NOTE: Qualifications, employment background check and a security vetting will be done for all the successful candidates.
Further enquiries may be directed to Ms. RPT Makibelo at tel. no. 014 718 3367 or Mr J Matlou at 014 718 3339 during office hours.
Closing Date: 01 APRIL 2021
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. Should you not be contacted within 90 days of the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.
The Waterberg District Municipality reserves the right not to appoint or fill the advertised post.