City of Johannesburg
Pikitup Head Office, Jorissen Place, 66 Jorissen Street, Braamfontein, 2001
Private Bag X74, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Tel+27(0) 11 712 5200 - Fax +27(0) 11 712 5322
www.pikitup.co.za - www.joburg.org.za
Department : Office of the Managing Director
Location : Head Office
Level : F2 / Executive Management
Duration : 5 Years Fixed Term, Performance Based Contract
Reporting : Board of Directors
Reference : MD-01
The purpose of this role is to drive the provision of sustainable integrated waste management services to the citizens of the City of Johannesburg. In executing this mandate, the Managing Director will develop the necessary business plans and corporate strategy to implement world class waste services in support of the Growth and Development Strategy of the City of Johannesburg.
The Managing Director has the responsibility and authority for the effective leadership and financial management of the organization to achieve a performance level in line with the vision, mission and objectives agreed with the Company’s Board and Shareholder Representatives with a particular emphasis on:
• Pro-actively shaping the future of Pikitup by developing and implementing a vision and strategic direction to meet the requirements of the business today and that of tomorrow;
• Creating an ethos of excellence and continuous improvement in the provision of the highest levels of customer service within a dynamic market environment whilst ensuring a strong culture of governance and compliance; and creating the environment necessary to ensure Pikitup’s financial and operational sustainability.
• Strategic Leadership and Direction of Pikitup.
• Functional Leadership and Direction of Pikitup.
• Overseeing the management of the Legal, Compliance and Risk Management.
• Overseeing the resources management of Pikitup order to achieve the desired business performance.
• Leading and enhancing stakeholder relationship management.
• Bachelor's Degree and a Post Graduate qualification in any of the following disciplines: Business, Economics, Engineering and Finance
• An MBA/MBL qualification would be an added advantage.
• 10 Years’ experience at Executive Level of which 5 years in a waste and/ or logistics management company;
• Proven experience in State or Municipal Owned Enterprise, or an environment where compliance with strict governance protocols apply.
• Knowledge of the principles of the MFMA/PFMA and king III report on corporate governance.
• Advanced knowledge of relevant policy, legislation, institutional governance systems, audit and risk and finance management.
• Intellectual and personal integrity.
• Interpersonal skills, imagination and drive.
• Strong stakeholder management and communication skills.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Conflict/ dispute resolution skills.
• Demonstrates agility in challenging complex or ambiguous situations and is able to integrate material from a wide range of learning and thinking.
• Decisive, ethical and ability to apply good judgement.
• Strategy Development, Planning and Reporting.
Particulars of advertiser:
Interested applicants must complete an application form and submit a comprehensive CV together with certified copies of qualifications and identity document to email@example.com by no later than the 08 December 2023.
No late applications will be considered.
Please ensure that the correct position reference number is inserted in the subject line of email.
For enquiries contact Babongile Ngwenya – 010 003 6735.
• Please quote the above position name and the reference number on all correspondence relating to this advert.
• Pikitup reserves the right not to fill any vacancies.
• Correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted applicants. Should you not hear from us within six weeks after closing date of the advert please consider your application unsuccessful.
• By submitting your application for a position at Pikitup, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of Recruitment and Selection and related process.
PIKITUP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND IS COMMITTED TO EMPLOYMENT EQUITY PRINCIPLES AND REDRESSING THE IMBALANCES OF THE PAST. APPLICATIONS ARE WELCOME FROM ALL DESIGNATED GROUPS (AFRICAN, COLOURED AND INDIAN MALES, ALL FEMALES & PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES).
Non-Executive Directors: Ms. T Kutumela, Mr T Mokwena, Mr. M Radebe, Ms. S Nkwanyana, Ms. D Majavu, Ms. N Sekoba, Mr. M Ndlhovu, Mr. N Marota, Mr. H Shi, Board Chair: Mr. M Nedzamba, Managing Director: Ms. B Njingolo, Chief Financial Officer: Mr. L Matsila, Company Secretary: Ms C Louw.
Registration Number: 2000/029899/07.
Auditor: Auditor General of South Africa