CHRIS HANI DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY
Chris Hani District Municipality is a Category 6 Municipality comprising of six (6) local municipalities, Engcobo LM, Intsika Yethu LM, Emalahleni LM, Sakhisizwe LM, Enoch Mgijima LM and Inxuba Yethemba LM, situated in the Northern Eastern Part of the Eastern Cape Province. The Municipality is looking for the services of a committed, suitably qualified, experienced and highly motivated individual to fill the position of Municipal Manager:
[FIVE (5) YEAR FIXED PERFORMANCE CONTRACT] Salary Package: Negotiable
Appointment will be in accordance with Section 56 and 57 of the Municipal Systems Act no. 32 of 2000 as amended.
• A relevant bachelor’s degree in Public Administration/Political Sciences/Law /Finance or relevant qualification at NQF level 7.
• A post graduate qualification in the above field will be an added advantage.
• A minimum of ten (10) years’ work experience of which seven (7) years’ work experience must be at senior management level.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Attainment of required minimum competencies for Senior Managers in terms of Government Gazette No 29967 on Minimum Competencies will be an added advantage.
• Applications must be submitted on an APPROVED CHRIS HANI DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY APPLICATION FORM (signed and dated), obtainable from www.chrishanidm.gov.za
• Critical competencies that drive the strategic intent and direction.
• Core competencies that drive the execution of critical competencies
Key Performance Areas (include but not limited to):
• Strategic leadership and management.
• The formation and development of an economical, effective, efficient and accountable administration.
• The management of the municipality’s administration in accordance with the Municipal Systems Act and other legislation applicable to the municipality.
• The management of the provision of services to the local community in a sustainable and equitable manner.
• The implementation of the municipality’s integrated development plan, and the monitoring of progress and management of municipal resources.
• Ethics and values in financial management. Effective stakeholder relations.
• Carrying out the decisions of the political structures and political office bearers of the municipality.
• Pro-actively developing strategies and systems to fulfil statutory responsibilities.
• The implementation of national and provincial legislation applicable to the municipality; and
• The performance of any other function that may be assigned by the Municipal Council.
Personal Attributes: Strategic and visionary leadership. Self-confident and innovative influential leadership. Strategic thinking. Outstanding management ability. Excellent communication and relationship building skills. Well-developed planning and organizing abilities. Analytical and innovative thinking. Ability to motivate people. Ability to work under pressure and long hours.
Enquiries may be directed to the Executive Mayor: Cllr. G. Gela at (045) 808 4606.
1. The District Municipal is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. It is our intention to promote representation (race, gender and disability) in the Municipality through this position.
2. It is compulsory to submit your application on an APPROVED CHRIS HANI DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY APPLICATION FORM as required by relevant gazette on appointment and conditions of employment of senior managers and failure to complete the form will result on disqualification of your application.
3. Submit your application in an approved application form available on the website (below), accompanied by a comprehensive CV, certified copies of your qualifications, certified identity document and certified copy of your valid driver’s license.
4. No faxed CV’s or e-mail applications will be accepted. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by the Municipality. If the candidate / applicant is found canvassing any of the panelists, he / she automatically disqualify him/herself.
5. Appointment will be subjected to compulsory competency assessment and pre-employment screening in the form of determining the validity qualifications, current and previous employment reference check, criminal checks and competency assessment.
6. Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. Should you not be contacted after 30 days from the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application unsuccessful.
7. Closing date of the advertisement is the 28 April 2022.
“The Municipality reserves a right not to appoint”
Applications must be forwarded to:
The Chris Hani District Municipality, Human Resources Section,
Private Bag X 7121, Queenstown, 5320 or hand deliver to 15 Bells Road,
Cllr. G. GELA
CHRIS HANI DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY