VAAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY (VUT)
DIVISION: TECHNOLOGY STATION
POST: MECHANICAL ENGINEER
(1-year fixed term contract)
POST No: 2259
PEROMNES GRADE: 7
JOB DESCRIPTION: Provide mechanical engineering scientific and technical support to the Technology Transfer and Innovation portfolio and its technology innovation platforms; and work on a wide variety of technical projects specializing in many different areas of expertise.
Key Performance Areas include but not limited to:
• CNC Machine Operation
• Liaise with EMU clients to capture client requirements/project scope to effect research project/project/job planning.
• Ensure that Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) and engineering procedures are followed so that project work meets research/client requirements.
• Assist line manager to meet the requirements in relation to cost containment and TS performance.
• Participate in collaborative teamwork and assist in the training of EMU junior technicians.
Qualification and Experience:
• M. Tech Mechanical Engineering.
• A minimum of 5 years working experience, with at least 3 years relevant experience in CNC/Manufacturing environment.
• SolidWorks/Solid Edge or related CAD software proficiency.
• Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Internet.
Skills and Competencies:
Broad knowledge and understanding of manufacturing technologies, Multi-disciplinary engineering expertise, Professional technical skills, Project Management skills, Team work, Quality management, Good report writing and presentation skills and Technical problem solving skills.
Closing date for applications: 4 September 2023
Submit CV’s to Ms Angie Moeti at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: The application must be accompanied by an application form obtainable from the VUT Website, CV, identity document and ORIGINAL certified copies (not older than 3 months) of educational qualifications. Submission of such copies entitles Vaal University of Technology to authenticate the qualifications without any further consent from the applicant. Candidates with foreign qualifications must also submit the South African equivalent of the qualification. These qualifications are evaluated by SAQA. Vaal University of Technology is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, which is committed to the implementation of its employment equity plan. Therefore people from designated groups are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 8 weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
VUT reserves the right not to make an appointment
By applying for this position, you give permission to share your information with the selection panel or the relevant people involved in the recruitment process.