UNIVERSITY OF MPUMALANGA
The University of Mpumalanga (UMP) is a comprehensive University established to provide a relevant, engaged and sustainable learning and teaching environment of outstanding academic excellence to match not only the skills and economic needs of the Province and its people, but of the Country as a whole.
The UMP invites applications for the following position:
DUTY SUPERVISOR X2
Key Performance Areas:
• Hotel Duty Management for their shift
• Supervision of operational staff in all divisions of the hotel during their shift
• Assist in all departments of the hotel as assigned by management.
• Training of hospitality students in operational duties of all departments during their shift.
• Driver duties
• Hospitality all-rounder skills necessary
• Good general knowledge of food and beverages
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Very well organised and good time management skills
• Ability to work under pressure and to think on your feet
• Very Good computer literacy skills and ability to run the front office independently.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Good problem solving skills.
• Computer skills, and good knowledge of property management system such as Micros.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• People orientated, hard worker, responsible, reliable, creative and innovative.
• Respectful, honesty, punctuality and understand of protocol.
• Proven attributes of transparency, integrity and teamwork.
Candidates who meet the minimum requirements are invited to apply for the advertised positions. Remuneration will be commensurate with the level at which incumbents of these post will be expected to perform.
It is compulsory that all applications have the following documents:
• UMP application form for employment (is accessible on www.ump.ac.za)
• Letter of application (that provides detailed information on how the applicant meets the requirements for the position)
• A comprehensive CV
• Certified copies of relevant qualifications, ID and appropriate references.
Failure to comply with the requirements on your application, will automatically disqualify your application. All applications should be sent to: Electronically to: email@example.com, or post to Private Bag x11283, Mbombela, 1200 or hand delivered physically at the University of Mpumalanga.
If UMP has not responded within eight weeks of the closing date, you should regard your application as unsuccessful. Correspondence will be entered into with shortlisted candidates. It is the intention of the university to promote representivity in respect of race, gender, and disability through the filling of this post.
Enquiries and details regarding this post may be directed to Human Resource Management, Ms Nomsa Mnisi or Mr Sydney Thwala. The landline is 013 – 002 0001.
The closing date for receipt of is 22 July 2019.