UNIVERSITY OF MPUMALANGA – DHET NEW GENERATION OF ACADEMICS PROGRAMME (nGAP) IN:, INDUSTRIAL PSYCHOLOGY, ACCOUNTING, AGRONOMY, INDIGENOUS KNOWLEDGE SYSTEMS, SOCIOLOGY, AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
UNIVERSITY OF MPUMALANGA
The University of Mpumalanga (UMP) is a comprehensive University established to provide a relevant, engaged and sustainable learning and teaching environment of outstanding academic excellence to match not only the skills and economic needs of the Province and its people, but of the Country as a whole. The UMP invites applications for the following positions:
DHET NEW GENERATION OF ACADEMICS PROGRAMME (nGAP) IN:
INDIGENOUS KNOWLEDGE SYSTEMS
Specific minimum requirements for the individual posts are as follows:
• Applicants will majored in industrial psychology at undergraduate and the Honours Levels and will have a Master’s degree in industrial psychology. In addition, applicants must be Industrial Psychologists, registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) or the South African Board for People Practices (SABPP).
• An MCom accounting degree in financial accounting or related fields;
• Registration with a professional body such as SAICA, CIMA, SAIPA, or IIA is an added advantage;
• MSc. degree in Agronomy, Soil Science or Crop Science
• Knowledge of GIS, land use planning and the use of Models in Agriculture will be an advantage
Indigenous Knowledge Systems
• Applicants must have majored in at least 1 of the following subjects at undergraduate level: history; anthropology/sociology/archaeology; heritage/cultural studies or associated fields (e.g. ethnomusicology, African art, African languages etc.)
• Applicants will hold a Master’s degree in a field relating to Indigenous Knowledge Systems.
• Master degree in Sociology
• Knowledge of the main Sociological theories will be an advantage.
• MSc. degree in Agricultural Economics.
• Knowledge and application of quantitative techniques and Econometrics will be an advantage
Candidates who meet the minimum requirements are invited to apply for the advertised positions. Remuneration will be commensurate with the level at which incumbents of these post will be expected to perform.
It is compulsory that all applications have the following documents:
• UMP application form for employment (is accessible on www.ump.ac.za)
• Letter of application (that provides detailed information on how the applicant meets the requirements for the position)
• A comprehensive CV
• Full academic transcript
• Certified copies of relevant qualifications, ID and appropriate references.
Failure to comply with the requirements on your application, will automatically disqualify your application.
All applications should be sent to: Electronically to: email@example.com, or post to Private Bag x11283, Mbombela, 1200 or hand delivered physically at the University of Mpumalanga.
If UMP has not responded within eight weeks of the closing date, you should regard your application as unsuccessful.
Correspondence will be entered into with shortlisted candidates. It is the intention of the university to promote representivity in respect of race, gender, and disability through the filling of this post.
Enquiries and details regarding this post may be directed to Human Resource Management, Ms Nomsa Mnisi or Mr Sydney Thwala. The landline is 013 – 002 0001.
The closing date for receipt of is 22 July 2019.