UGU DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY
Ugu District Municipality, situated at 28 Connor Street Port Shepstone, within the Province of Kwazulu-Natal, invites applications from suitably qualified dynamic and mature candidates whose background and experience match these challenging positions. The Municipality seeks to appoint a highly-motivated visionary and self-starters to the following positions:
BUDGET AND TREASURY OFFICE
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
(5-year fixed-term performance-based contract)
(This is a re-advertisement, applicants who had previously applied must re-apply)
TOTAL REMUNERATION PACKAGE PER ANNUM (ALL INCLUSIVE)
Minimum: R 1 188 638 Midpoint: R 1 415 047 Maximum: R 1 596 747
Appointment to the position of the Chief Financial Officer will be on a fixed-term performance-based contract in terms of Section 54A, 56 and 57 of the Local Government: Municipal Systems Act, Act 32 of 2000, as amended, read together with the Local Government: Municipal Performance Regulations, 2006 and the Local Government: Municipal Finance Management Act: Municipal Regulations on Minimum Competency Levels of 2007.
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of relevant policy and legislation.
• Advanced understanding of institutional governance systems and performance management.
• Advanced understanding of Council operations and delegation of powers.
• Good governance.
• Audit and risk management establishment and functionality.
• Budget and finance management.
• Ability to be an innovative and strategic leader.
• Good facilitation and communication skills in at least two official languages.
Key Performance Areas
Reporting directly to the Accounting Officer, the incumbent shall be expected to:
• Ensure the implementation of General Accounting Practice (GRAP) Standards.
• Provide strategic leadership in the Budget and Treasury Office of the Municipality.
• Develop and continuously evaluate short- and long-term strategic financial objectives and ensure that internal financial targets and budgets are fully consistent with the Municipality's IDP, SDBIP's and relevant agreements with other sectors of Government.
• Ensure effective and efficient management and control of municipal bank accounts and investment of surplus funds.
• Ensure credibility of finance reporting by providing timely and accurate analysis of budget, financial trends and forecast.
• Meet reporting requirements as required in terms of financial management legislation such as the MFMA, Treasury Regulations and the DORA.
• Monitor financial risks and implement an anti-fraud and corruption strategy in collaboration with risk management.
• Ensure effective functioning of financial budgeting, financial accounting, financial analysis and financial reporting systems.
• Compile budget estimates, monthly forecasts, project planning and produce adjusted cash flows.
• Provide support during the preparation of the Municipality's IDP and SDBIP's to ensure effective and efficient performance.
• Develop tools and systems to provide critical and operational information to the Management of the Municipality and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
• Formulate creative solutions to enhance cost effectiveness in the delivery of services and the administration of the Municipality.
• Liaise with relevant role-players in the financial environment regarding transverse financial matters.
• Manage all resources assigned to the incumbent and provide exemplary leadership towards a culture of Corporate Governance and Ethics.
• Be responsible for Financial Performance Management Reporting, Municipal Supply Chain Management, Internal and External Audit and Accountability.
• Assist the Accounting Officer with other roles and responsibilities delegated to the CFO position in terms of the relevant legislation.
The following competencies are required in the above position: -
NB: Ugu District municipality subscribe to the provisions of Employment Equity Act.
All applications must be submitted with an application form which can be found on our website (www.uqu.qov.za), accompanied by a comprehensive curriculum vitae, certified copies of educational qualifications and driver's license to the Municipal Manager for the attention of:
The Manager: Human Resources, Ms NP Gumbi; Ugu District Municipality, P.O. Box 33, Port Shepstone, 4240 or hand-delivered at: 31 Bazley Street, Port Shepstone, 4240. No late, faxed and emailed applications shall be considered.
Enquiries: Mr DD Naidoo, Tel. 039-688 5702
Closing Date: 16h00, Friday, 16 October 2020
Due to the expected high response volume, communication will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within three months of the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.