SOUTH AFRICAN POST OFFICE (SAPO)
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL
Job Title: Senior Manager: Communication and Media Liaison (L4B)
(Position based in Pretoria, NPC)
Reports to: General Manager: Strategy
Responsible for the development and deployment of strategies in support of the organisations overall strategic objectives. The role will lead the organisations public relations, media liaison, internal and external communication and staff engagement activities.
• Increase employee awareness and understanding of Postbank’s strategy, business priorities through effective communication initiatives
• Ensure consistent messaging across the board; timely and accurately
• Ensure the efficient management and control of function / resources in accordance with the stipulations of the PFMA, fraud prevention and risk management principles, corporate governance, legislation, Company policies, processes, regulations, Delegation of Authority, etc.
• Minimum of a B Degree (NQF Level 7) in Journalism/Communication/ Public relations
• An applicable post graduate qualification will be an added advantage (NQF level 8)
• Minimum of 5 – 10 years’ experience in a similar communications environment of which 5 years at senior manager level or similar role in a medium to large organisation
• Experience in responding an interacting with parliamentarians and media on matters affecting the organisation
• Experience and ability in developing, implementing and measuring impact of media and communication plans and campaigns for a medium to large organisation.
• Experience and ability in briefing, managing, interpreting and acting on research studies
• Experience in managing marketing and/or communication agencies to obtain excellent results
• Experience and ability in managing and developing people
• Up-to-date with developments in communication and media fields.
• Enough understanding of marketing to be able to integrate it with communication (business acumen)
• Experience and ability in briefing, managing, interpreting and acting on media analysis
• Experience in good PR and media relations
• Valid Code EB Driving Licence
Skills and Attributes
• Reputational management, Strong Project Management (Project initiation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation), Strong Communication (incl. report writing), Coordinating skills Influencing Skills. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office including Microsoft Project, Leadership, Strong management skills, Judgement and problem solving skills, Decision making, Interpersonal skills, Negotiation skills, Ability to develop strategic plans, aligned to corporate strategic plans, Budgeting, Research and analysis, Copy writing, Networking skills, Is driven by the opportunity to work with the Departmental Heads (Cross Collaboration), A proactive approach to dealing with business and communication challenges, Ability to operate independently, A creative approach to problem solving, A service excellence orientation, A can-do attitude in dealing with challenges, Ability to perform under pressure, Attention to detail, Deadline driven, Industrious, Motivated, Objective focussed, Team player.
The South African Postbank SOC Limited is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment, especially with regard to race, gender and disability. In compliance with the banks employment equity plans, first preference will be given to candidates from designated groups. Correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only.
If you wish to apply, please forward your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject line the position you are applying for.
Closing date: 10 June 2020
Position number: 60066585
Cost Centre: 50800
If you do not hear from the South African Postbank SOC Limited or its Agent within 3 months of this advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful. The South African Postbank SOC Limited reserves the right not to fill the positions or to re-advertise the positions at any time.