SOUTH AFRICAN HEALTH PRODUCTS REGULATORY AUTHORITY (SAHPRA)
The South African Health Products Regulatory Authority (SAHPRA), is the National Medicines Regulatory Authority established in terms of the Medicines and Related Substances Act, 1965, (Act No. 101 of 1965) as amended, to provide for the monitoring, evaluation, regulation, investigation, inspection, registration and control of medicines, scheduled substances, clinical trials and medical devices, and related matters in the public interest.
(OFFICE MANAGER IN THE OFFICE OF THE CRO)
Ref No.: SAHPRA 042/2020
NB. Re-publication: Candidates who previously applied need not reapply
• Office Support: * Assuming day-to-day responsibility for projects and tasks in the office of the CRO. * Creating and maintaining cross-programs relationships. * Development of SOPs in the CRO’s office. * Drafting of memos and submissions. * External communications with stakeholders. * Facilitates: › Internal communications with Communications team, › Operational support, › Senior managers engagements, › Supervising, mentoring, training other program assistants, › Responsiveness to external inquiries by Core business program.
• Direct Support of the CRO: * Providing executive assistance to the CRO. * Organizing travel and logistics for the CRO. * Strategically managing CRO’s time and diary. * Meetings, logistics and event arrangements and follow up. * Attends CRO’s meetings, take minutes and follow-up on action items. * Reviewing Internal and External Communications. * Monitoring information flow and acting as a gatekeeper.
• Technical Support to the CRO: * Review technical requests to the CRO office. * Review technical reports submitted to the CRO office. * Prepare reports or summaries and recommendations on the findings. * Liaise with Evaluation programmes including Medical Devices and Radiation Control, and Inspectorate and Regulatory Compliance. * Monitor the turnaround times of evaluation of applications for registration, variations, licenses, imports and exports, clinical trials, medical devices, radiation control and inspections. * Attend to any other technical matter referred to the CRO’s office.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: All applications must:
• Be submitted with a covering letter clearly reflecting the name of the position and post reference number, be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and recently certified copies of ID and qualification/s.
• Applications without the aforementioned will not be considered. Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
• A separate application must be completed for each post. SAHPRA will not be liable where applicants use incorrect or no reference number on their applications.
• Applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the required certified documentation as indicated. DO NOT MAKE ENQUIRIES TO THIS ADDRESS.
• No late or faxed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered.
• Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from SAHPRA within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
• It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by SAHPRA.
Applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records, citizenship status and previous employment.
SAHPRA is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. SAHPRA reserves the right to fill or not to fill the vacant post/s.
Enquiries: Email: email@example.com (DO NOT SEND APPLICATIONS TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS).
CLOSING DATE: 10 May 2021 at 16H00.