PORTS REGULATOR OF SOUTH AFRICA
(Fixed Term Contract :12 months)
Salary package negotiable
This position serves the full PRSA enterprise while the incumbent will report to the Corporate Services Manager. The successful applicant will be required to manage the external ICT services provider and provide IT support to the PRSA employees by ensuring that the company has appropriate levels of computing, network services and technical support.
The successful incumbent will need to demonstrate competency in developing ICT policies and procedures and ICT governance frameworks
• Managing the planning, implementation, coordination, upgrading and troubleshooting of computer hardware and software.
• Manages the ICT services providers and ensure service is delivered correctly
• Identify IT related risk and takes appropriate action to resolve
• Develop, monitor and implement ICT policies & Procedures including Drafting of IT Terms of Reference/specifications
• Advise on new technology and Perform IT advisor role to procurement of new equipment
• Manage and maintain internet backup and restore strategy
• Information security and electronic security solutions
• Anti-virus applications and email and web content appliance management
• Ensure new users are properly set-up
• Maintain confidentiality with regards to the information being processed, stored, or accessed on the network.
• Have a relevant Diploma/Degree in Information Technology qualification (NQF6/7)
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in networking environment, storage management, outlook mail server, Microsoft environment and Microsoft Office Suites
• ITIL Foundation
• Demonstrate competence in network infrastructure systems and applications
• Broad management experience of IT resources and sound knowledge of ICT
• Procurement utilization and management of IT infrastructure systems and applications
The Ports Regulator is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Our building is accessible to people with disabilities, and the organisation will take all reasonable measures to accommodate the needs of successful candidates with disabilities.
The position will be based in Durban, and may entail travel. A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant commensurate with their qualifications and experience within the regulatory environment and the Regulator’s policies.
Note: Candidates may be subject to a round of internal testing together with criminal checks and a security clearance. The Ports Regulator reserves the right not to fill any vacancy.
Applications must consist of the following: • A comprehensive letter of application which includes: * Notice periods required in current position * Date of availability to commence employment * Employment Equity status * Residence status (RSA citizen, etc.) • A complete CV attached thereto, which includes: * Thorough academic and work history * Languages spoken and proficiency * Responsibilities in each position held • A copy of the Identity Document •Certified copies of Senior certificate and other qualifications.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquiries.
Forward your application, clearly stating the position for which you are applying, in the e-mail subject title, to: email@example.com by no later than close of business on 16 July 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.