PORTS REGULATOR OF SOUTH AFRICA
The Ports Regulator has the following vacancy:
RESEARCH ANALYST: INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT
(Permanent) | CTC: R611 007.34 | Salary package negotiable
This position reports to the Manager: Industry Development of the Ports Regulator of South Africa. The successful applicant will have a post graduate qualification (Honours / Masters) in the field of Economics / Econometrics / Transport Planning / equivalent and/or relevant experience in a regulatory, port infrastructure assessment or port systems environment. The candidate must have demonstrated experience in conducting research, collecting, collating and analysing information and research data with the ability to problem solve.
• Have a post graduate qualification in Economics / Econometrics / Transport Planning or the equivalent with 2-4 years relevant experience in a research environment
• Possess a basic knowledge of the South African Port System and Port Infrastructure Planning environment
• Be competent in stakeholder engagement and management
• Competency in port infrastructure assessment and review of CAPEX plans
• Be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the National Ports Act, its Directives and Regulations
• Previous experience within the Ports or Maritime Environment would be an added advantage
• Previous experience in a Regulatory environment will also serve as a distinct advantage
• Competent in statistics, quantitative and qualitative research, critical thinking, problem identification and problem solving skills; project conceptualisation and tracking, data sourcing, arrangement, interpretation and analysis.
Applications must consist of the following:
• A comprehensive letter of application which includes:
* Notice periods required in current position
* Date of availability to commence employment
* Employment Equity status
* Residence status (RSA citizen, etc.)
• A complete CV attached thereto, which includes:
* Thorough academic and work history
* Languages spoken and proficiency
* Responsibilities in each position held
• A copy of the Identity Document
•Certified copies of Senior certificate and other qualifications.
Contact email@example.com for any enquiries.
Forward your application, clearly stating the position for which you are applying, in the e-mail subject title, to: firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than close of business on 28th August 2022, Sunday.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
The Ports Regulator reserves the right not to fill any position.
The Ports Regulator is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Our building is accessible to people with disabilities, and the organisation will take all reasonable measures to accommodate the needs of successful candidates with disabilities.