PORTS REGULATOR OF SOUTH AFRICA
TCT R 418 773
Salary package negotiable
This position reports to the Manager: Industry Development of the Ports Regulator of South Africa. The successful applicant must have a post graduate qualification (Honours) in the field of Economics, Econometrics, Maritime studies or equivalent and/or relevant experience in a regulatory or port systems environment. The candidate must have demonstrated experience in conducting research, collecting, collating, and analysing information and research data with the ability to problem solve. The successful candidate will participate in planning, execution, monitoring, reporting and benchmarking project related research activities under the leadership of the Manager Industry Development.
The successful candidate must:
• Have a post graduate qualification in Economics, Econometrics, Maritime Studies with previous relevant experience in conducting economic research.
• Have in- depth knowledge of the South African Port System and Port Infrastructure Planning environment.
• Be competent in stakeholder engagement and management.
• Be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the National Ports Act, its Directives and Regulations.
• Previous experience within the Ports or Maritime Environment would be an added advantage.
• Previous experience in a Regulatory environment will also serve as a distinct advantage.
The candidate should be competent in statistics, quantitative and qualitative research; critical thinking, problem identification and problem-solving skills; project conceptualisation and tracking; data sourcing, arrangement, interpretation and analysis; the candidates functions will include
• Conduct research on matters as required
• Implement port industry interventions.
• Undertake stakeholder engagement.
• Provide quality, evidence based analysis to inform sector -related policy and legislation
• Conduct assessments and benchmarking of port infrastructure and development plans.
• Project manage and participate as an active member of the Department to facilitate the achievement of its objectives and those of Economic Regulation.
• Report writing, development and presentation of findings internally and externally.
The Ports Regulator is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Our building is accessible to people with disabilities, and the organisation will take all reasonable measures to accommodate the needs of successful candidates with disabilities.
The position will be based in Durban and may entail travel. A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant commensurate with their qualifications and experience within the regulatory environment and the Regulator’s policies.
Note: Candidates may be subject to a round of internal testing together with criminal checks and a security clearance. The Ports Regulator reserves the right not to fill any vacancy.
Applications must consist of the following: • A comprehensive letter of application which includes: * Notice periods required in current position * Date of availability to commence employment * Employment Equity status * Residence status (RSA citizen, etc) • A complete CV attached thereto, which includes: * Thorough academic and work history * Languages spoken and proficiency * Responsibilities in each position held • A copy of the Identity Document •Certified copies of Senior certificate and other qualifications.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquiries.
Forward your application, clearly stating the position for which you are applying, in the e-mail subject title, to: email@example.com by no later than close of business on 24 September 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.