PASSENGER RAIL AGENCY OF SOUTH AFRICA (PRASA)
JOB TITLE: Protection Official
(INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL)
SALARY GROUP: Junior Official (Permanent)
LOCATION: All Regions (Gauteng, Western Cape, KZN, Eastern Cape)
DEPARTMENT: Protection Services
POST NUMBER: TBA
MISSION: To provide protection to PRASA’s assets, income, commuters and employees and prevent crime at PRASA’s premises through physical presence, observation, monitoring the environment and taking action to prevent unwanted elements within the environment.
• Protects and safeguard the staging yards overnight
• Protects Ticket Officers when cashing up and provide an escort to drop off zones
• Receives complaints and directs complainant to relevant parties
• Communicate any incidents that occurs during the shift to the relevant persons
• Provides relevant information and assistance to customers on request
• Conducts search of vehicles and commuters as required
• Carries firearm as and when required
• Records all incidents in a pocketbook and Occurrence book.
• Reports and keeps accurate records of incidents, occurrences and accidents.
• Complete all security registers and relevant documents on time and accurately using predetermined formats.
• Issue J534’s notices in terms of Schedule 12 of Act 9 of 1989 offences
• Attends emergency as first line of attendance.
• Assesses and control scene (until the relevant person arrives i.e. ensure the evidence is protected), informs Joint Operations Centre.
• Hand over the scene to the relevant officials.
TRAINING AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Access control to Public Premises & Vehicles Act, Act 53 of 1985
• Criminal Procedure Act, Act 51 of 1977
• Criminal Matters Amendment Act, Act 18 of 2015
• Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI), Act 4 of 2013
• Dangerous Weapons Act, Act 15 of 2013
• Access control procedures
• Crime Prevention
• Knowledge of official registers, pocket and occurrence books
• Ability to conduct unarmed combat
• Be able to speak, read and write English
• Problem solving
• Conflict Management
• Interpersonal skills
• Team player
• Able to work under pressure
• Grade 12
• PSIRA Grade C
• Clear Criminal Record with no pending cases
• 6 months Security Operation Experience
• Medically fit
• Clean bill of health
• Drivers Licence
• Valid Firearm competency
• The individual must be willing to work shifts.
Internal candidates must apply by completing an internal application form and submitting this together with your complete CV with certified supporting documentations (ID, Matric, PSIRA registration, driver’s license etc) to their respective Human Capital Management departments. External candidates can contact the Regional Offices of PRASA for further details.
CLOSING DATE: 22 July 2020 at 12H00
Should you not hear anything three (3) months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Preference will be given to internal individuals. All candidates will be required to complete a physical endurance test of 2,4 km that must be completed in 11 minutes for males and 14 minutes for females. Incumbents will also be subjected to a medical test and criminal record screening.
ISSUED BY RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION
As per Prasa Rail Employment Equity Plan, this position is earmarked as follows:
MALE: African, Indian, Coloured, White
FEMALE: African, Indian, Coloured, White
Prasa Rail: Head Office – 30 Wolmarans Street, Umjantshi House, Braamfontein, Johannesburg - Private Bag X101, Braamfontein, 2017.