PASSENGER RAIL AGENCY OF SOUTH AFRICA (PRASA)
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL
JOB TITLE: Fixed Asset Controller (FAC)
SALARY GROUP: Junior Official
LOCATION: 2x Western Cape (Cape Town) 1 x Gauteng (Johannesburg South)
DEPARTMENT: Group Finance
POST NUMBER : TBA
DEPARTMENTAL MISSION: To ensure that he Asset Register is a true reflection of the physical location of assets as well as the verification of Capital Work in Progress (WIP)
• Ensure timeous capitalisation and de-recognition of assets. Preparation of master files accurately and correctly.
• Perform condition assessment of assets regarding impairment, operational, non-operational.
• Advise project manager regarding classification of assets, capex/opex.
• Update and maintain the Fixed asset register at all times.
• Effectively liaise with Project Managers for external and internal audit purposes.
• Liaise with internal and external auditors.
• Conduct pre audit verification for Assets and WIP and ensure all assets are verified and tagged as per audit sample.
• Maintain audit trial on all documentation.
• Maintain and update station files all relevant documentation such as station reports, capitalisation certificate and reports, de-recognition certificates and report, Maps, and photos
• Assist with insurance related queries.
• Ensure adherence and compliance to company and statutory requirements such as Prasa Asset Policy / PFMA / GRAP / IFRS /GAAP and treasury regulations.
• Ensure timeous and easy retrieval of information at all times.
• Business Acumen.
• Business Continuity.
• Business Environment.
• Corporate governance.
• Financial policies.
• Financial principles
• Sound knowledge and understanding of the international principles and guidelines related to reporting on the organisation’s financial position i.e. IFRS/GAAP
• Sound knowledge of the relevant legislation applicable to finance.
• Occupational Health and Safety Act
• Policies and Procedures.
• Train working rules
• Business Systems
• Conflict Management
• Contract Management
• Decision making
• Performance Management
• Problem Solving
• Project Management
• Quality Management
• Relationship Management
• Attention to detail
• Cultural sensitivity
• Customer focused
• Diversity Management
• Honesty and Integrity
• Three(3) year Accounting Diploma or Degree
• Drivers Licence – code 08
• Three (3) years in financial environment preferable with assets experience and or articles.
• SAP knowledge: Asset Management (AM) and Project Systems (PS).
• Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.
Please apply by completing an internal application form (internal applicants)and submitting this together with your complete CV to: Manager: Recruitment & Selection: PRASA, Private Bag X101, Braamfontein, 2017, Or 2nd Floor Room 224 West Wing, 1040 Burnett Street, PRASA House, Hatfield 2017.
Telephone: (012) 748 7207, for the attention of: Keitumetse Nonkula or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: 23 October 2020
Should you not hear from us within three (3) months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
As per PRASA Employment Equity Plan, this position is earmarked as follows:
MALE: African, Indian, Coloured, White
FEMALE: African, Indian, Coloured, White
ISSUED BY SENIOR MANAGER
RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION