PASSENGER RAIL AGENCY OF SOUTH AFRICA (PRASA)
FIVE (5) FIXED TERM CONTRACT
JOB TITLE: Chief Perway Engineer
SALARY GROUP: General Management
LOCATION: PRASA TECH(Umjantshi House)
DEPARTMENT: Rolling Stock
POST NUMBER: TBA
DEPARTMENTAL MISSION: Responsible for the strategic support to the CEO in all aspects of the Perway discipline. Strategise, develop and leave a long-term operational plan(direction, execution, control and completion) of Perway activities and projects as the overall chief in this field. Ensuring that world class best practice is entrenched internally within the division.
• Lead and direct the implementation of approved Perway projects by:
• Lead, guide and manage direct reports by:
§ Allocation of work and committing reports to deliverables.
§ Provide expert guidance and direction.
§ Ensure provision and availability of resources required by direct reports to deliver their outputs.
Management of Service Providers
• Accountable for all Perway service contracts.
• Ensure that all service providers have relevant contracts and performance agreements.
• Manage and monitor service provider delivery as per agreement.
Stakeholder management and communication
• Identify and analyse the various internal and external stakeholders.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive strategy and plan.
• Ensure good on-going relationships.
• Good leadership skills
• Ability to think strategically
• Analytical with attention to detail
• Ability to coordinate and supervise
• Good knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
• Manage multiple tasks and report to multiple people
• Written and verbal
• Project Management
• Report writing
• Problem solving
• Analytical and interpretation
• Deadline driven
• Ability to work under pressure
• Quality orientated
• Team work
• Positive and motivated
• Post graduate Civil Engineering degree. Ideal: Master’s degree in Civil Engineering
• 10 – 12 years appropriate maintenance and construction experience in Perway engineering environment.
• 5 – 10 years Senior Management experience.
• 5 – 10 years Contract Management experience
• Registered Engineer with ECSA as a Professional Engineer
Ideal: Structural Engineer
Please apply by completing an internal application form (internal applicants)and submitting this together with your complete CV to: Manager: Recruitment & Selection: PRASA, Private Bag X101, Braamfontein, 2017,
Or 2nd Floor Room 224 West Wing, 1040 Burnett Street, PRASA House, Hatfield 2017.
Telephone: (012) 748 7207, for the attention of: Lungile Gabela or e-mail email@example.com
As per PRASA Employment Equity Plan, this position is earmarked as follows:
MALE: African, Indian, Coloured, White
FEMALE: African, Indian, Coloured, White
CLOSING DATE: 24 July 2020
Should you not hear from us within three (3) months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
ISSUED BY SENIOR MANAGER RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION