NKANGALA DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY - INVITATION TO APPLY FOR APPOINTMENT TO SERVE AS NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTORS IN THE INTERIM BOARD OF THE NKANGALA ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AGENCY (NEDA)
NKANGALA DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY
INVITATION TO APPLY FOR APPOINTMENT TO SERVE AS NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTORS IN THE INTERIM BOARD OF THE NKANGALA ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AGENCY (NEDA)
The Nkangala District Municipality wishes to appoint six (6) suitable persons to serve on the interim Board of Directors of the Nkangala Economic Development Agency (NEDA), a municipal entity of the same Municipality in terms of the Local Government Municipal Systems Act, (Act 32 of 2000, as amended) ("MSA"). The appointment of directors will be for an initial period of twelve (12) months.
Requirements for Potential Candidates
1. Candidates must be suitable to serve on the interim Board by virtue of their qualifications, expertise and experience in any of the following fields: Economics, Law, Mining, Business Entrepreneurship, Agriculture, Property and Infrastructure, ICT, Finance and Audit; as well as Community and Social Development.
2. Candidates must have a minimum of qualification at level 8 NQF and (5) years' experience in their respective fields of expertise
3. Candidates must have expertise in corporate governance and experience in serving in Board committees of State-Owned Enterprises, Municipal Entities, Audit and Risk Committees
4. Candidates must demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, Municipal Finance Management Act, the Municipal Structures Act, Municipal Systems Act and the King IV
5. The interim directors will be appointed in accordance with section 93E of the MSA, 2003.
Candidates shall be automatically disqualified from appointment as contemplated in Section 93F of the MSA read together with section 69 of the Companies Act 71 of 2008.
Remuneration and Disclaimer
Applicants must not view their potential appointment as an opportunity for personal financial gain. The remuneration of the directors will be as per the circulars and guidelines from National Treasury as published from time to time. No remuneration will be payable to officials employed by the government, its agencies or other public entities regarded as falling within the definition of an organ of state, except for travel and out of pocket expenses which may be reimbursed. The Nkangala District Municipality reserves the right not to appoint any applicant as a candidate.
Interested persons can submit their applications accompanied by a detailed CV, certified copy of RSAID, certified copies of academic qualifications, proof of previous directorships, risk or audit committeeexperience citing dates and institutions concerned. Applications must be addressed to Ms MMSkosana, Municipal Manager, Nkangala District Municipality, and submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All enquires and more details can be obtained by contacting Mr Ntwanano Mtungwa on telephone 013 249 2218/0798297179 or sending email to: email@example.com
Closing date: the closing date for all applications shall be at 16H00 on the 17th September 2020.
Late applications will be disqualified and will not be considered.