NELSON MANDELA BAY METROPOLITAN MUNICIPALITY
In terms of its Employment Equity Plan, the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality is committed to employment practices that redress past imbalances in respect of race, gender, creed and disability, and as such the relevant policy will be considered during selection and placement.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for appointment to the under-mentioned position. Persons with a disability are encouraged to apply.
SAFETY AND SECURITY DIRECTORATE
SUPERINTENDENT: METRO POLICE
POSITION CODE: 190068
TASK Grade 14 (R457 404 – R635 916 annum)
(Basic salary only, excluding benefits)
Key attributes and competencies:
The incumbent must possess:
· Sound communication skills.
· Analytical skills.
· Administrative skills.
· Independent and confidential attributes.
· Management and control skills.
· Be physically fit and able-bodied.
· Supervising and controlling all functions/activities within one Geographical sub-area to create and maintain a safe environment through policing, enforcing traffic legislation and enforcing Local Authority by-laws, to perform all functions related to the specialised units to ensure effective and efficient service delivery through the implementation of applicable strategies, plans and policies.
As part of the selection process, candidates may be tested on any requirement, skill or competency, which will include pre-employment screening, security vetting and psychometric assessment.
Fringe benefits will include membership of a Retirement Fund, Medical Aid Scheme, Group Life Assurance Scheme, participation in a Housing Subsidy and Car Schemes (subject to the conditions of the various Schemes), and normal leave and sick leave benefits.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Applications must be made and submitted electronically; hand delivered or mailed applications for this position will not be accepted.
Kindly note that all applications for employment should be completed and submitted online on the municipal website at www.nelsonmandelabay.gov.za(go to "Vacancies’ to find the official employment application form of the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality). The completed application form must be submitted electronically from this site, accompanied by certified and scanned copies of academic qualifications and a CV.
Please complete one employment application form per vacancy.
Telephonic enquiries may be directed to the Receptionist, tel: 041 506 3259.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: FRIDAY, 8 MARCH 2019 before 12h00 noon.
Ref. 32 – 25 February 2019