NATIONAL ELECTRONIC MEDIA INSTITUTE OF SOUTH AFRICA (NEMISA) - CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER – 1 YEAR FIXED-TERM CONTRACT
NATIONAL ELECTRONIC MEDIA INSTITUTE OF SOUTH AFRICA (NEMISA)
Job Title: Chief Operations Officer – 1 Year Fixed-Term Contract
Department: Office of the Chief Executive Officer
Location: Gauteng Parktown
Salary Range: Grade 14
Upward Reporting Relationships: Chief Executive Officer
Reference Number: NEM-06/12/2020
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
- To create a healthy and conducive environment for organisational efficiency in the implementation of strategy and achievement of business objectives.
• Manage key deliverables of the support functions in line with organisation strategy
• Provide strategic support to the CEO when required
• Develop, implement and oversee effectiveness and efficiency of business operations.
• To develop and maintain processes and systems that will guide and facilitate the achievement of business objectives
• Develop strategy, Policy and Procedure Manual for Performance Information.
• To develop quality assurance system that will ensure that necessary inputs and outputs adhere to set standards
• Develop Strategy, Policy and Procedure manual for Quality Assurance.
• Ensure total organization wide strategic alignment through departmental operating plans
• Develop and manage organisational development strategy and organisational culture
• Develop HRD/ Training and Development Strategy, Policy and Procedure Manual for staff
• Ensure provision of training budget as per Skills Development Act
• Develop and oversee the implementation of a performance framework that includes targets that will govern all initiatives aimed at achieving business objectives.
• Allocate adequate resources and ensure proper management thereof in order to implement the strategies successfully.
• Foster good people and change management
• Institute a transparent performance management system
• Mediate the annual performance plans for all staff
• Develop Performance contracts cascading from the Annual Performance Plan
• Embrace a culture of self-development and continued learning
• Ensure and oversee development of all employees
Education: Formal Qualifications
Education involves the acquisition of knowledge and skills through learning where subject matter is imparted systematically. Formal qualifications are obtained by studying at formal institutions e.g. universities, Technikons, colleges, etc.
Level of Education:
• Honours Degree preferably in Business Administration or Human Resources Management or Education or equivalent qualification at NQF level 8
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Human Resource Management or Education or equivalent qualification
Job related Work Experience
Experience is obtained through opportunities for exposure and practice at work. It includes all working experience that has some bearing on the job and is not restricted to the current organisation. Supervised on-the job training, internships and learnerships are incorporated within this category.
• 8-10 years’ experience in an Executive role in a similar or larger organisation, must have led teams for a minimum of 5 years in a similar role. Exposure to ICT industry and digital skills development will serve as added value to NEMISA
• 5 years’ experience within Public Sector
• 11+ years’ experience as an Executive in a similar role
• 7+ years’ experience within Public Sector
Job related Knowledge
Job-related knowledge is typically gained through formal or informal training programs (these exclude programs through which Formal Qualifications are attained). It includes knowledge of facts, data and information and understanding the rationale behind models, theories and principles.
• Strategic management and reporting
• Digitally literate
• Business intelligence
• Leadership skills
• Written and Verbal Communication
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
• Strong mentoring and coaching skills
• Analysis and Problem Solving
• Strategic thinking
• Planning and organising
• Logical reasoning
• Deductive reasoning
• Critical judgement
• Information gathering
• Commercial acumen
• Emotional maturity
• Communication (Written and Verbal)
• Impact and influence
• Emotional maturity
• Results and quality focus
• Numerical reasoning
• Please email through comprehensive CV and certified copies of Qualifications/Supporting documents to: email@example.com
• If you do not hear from us within one week of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
• Preference will be given to historically disadvantaged applicants.
• Only candidates who meet the minimum requirements should apply. Correspondence will only be limited to short listed candidates.
• NEMISA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
• Closing Date: 07 January 2021 (16:00pm).
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, if this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goals
Tel: + 27 - 11 484 0583, Fax: + 27 - 11 484 0615, Physical Address: 21 Girton Road, Parktown, Postal Address: P.O. Box 545, Auckland Park, Johannesburg 2006, www.nemisa.co.za
Non-Executive Directors: Ms Molebogeng Leshabane (Chairperson); Ms Tobeka Buswana; Mr Melvyn Lubega; Mr Lionel Adendorf; Ms Nomonde Hlatshaneni;
Prof Christian Adendorff; Ms Bongekile Filana
Executive Directors: Mr Trevor Rammitlwa CEO)
Company Secretary: Ms Fahmida Valla
Reg no. 98/14825/08