MANDELA BAY DEVELOPMENT BAY
(REF. No: HR/MBDA/20190101)
Purpose of the position of Operations Executive
The main purpose of the position is to drive the establishment, implementation and the overall management of a portfolio of programmes and projects; research and innovation as well as facility and area management in line with the organisational mandate. Programmes and/ or projects include capital programmes/ projects; psycho- social projects and job creation and tourism projects as well as SMME development. The position will also provide oversight on the management of MBDA facilities, together with area management in terms of cleansing, security and informal trading regulation, establishment of special rating areas, etc. The position will also be responsible for oversight of the Science and Technology Centre located in Uitenhage.
1. Strategic and operational planning
2. Co-ordinate research and innovation; programme and/or project conceptualisation, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and close out.
3. Drive efficient and effective programme and project management.
4. Identify and motivate new programmes and projects (capital; psycho-social; Job creation and tourism; etc.)
5. Ensure co-ordination and facilitation of operations to ensure daily efficient functioning of the MBDA facilities & area management (including security; informal trading and cleansing; SRAs, etc)
6. Maintain stakeholder relationships including foreign donor funding relations
7. Identify and seek external funding
8. Supply chain management
9. Financial management, budgeting and monitoring
10. Report writing
11. Management of human resources
12. Performance management by driving the attainment of KPA’s and KPI’s
At least an NQF Level 7 in built environment field, with particular experience in programme and project management, infrastructure development, engineering, quantity surveying etc.
Project and/or programme management experience of multi-million rand projects required.
Minimum of seven years at senior and middle management levels, of which at least two years must be at senior management level
Municipal finance management program certification or studying towards completion thereof.
Able to demonstrate strategic capability and leadership
A thorough understanding of corporate governance, financial management, risk management, supply chain management, performance management principles and strategic programme management.
This position is a permanent position with normal company benefits and salary package commensurate with experience and relevant tertiary qualifications.
Applications with detailed curriculum vitae, certified qualification and at least five (5) references can be posted to Human Resources Officer, P.O. Box 74, Port Elizabeth, 6000 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or per hand to the MBDA offices @ Tramways Building, 1st Floor, Corner of South Union Street and Lower Valley Road, Central, Port Elizabeth, 6000.
Applications for the above position will close on Monday 28 January 2019.
The successful candidate will be required to sign an employment contract and performance agreement; disclose his/her financial interests and undergo pre-employment screening, security vetting and competency assessments as part of the recruitment process.
The successful candidate will be required to complete, within 18 months of employment, the mandatory minimum competency level requirements for senior managers in municipal entities as stipulated in the regulations as issued by National Treasury (government gazette 29967).
The MBDA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the Employment Equity Act (55 of 1998).
Previously disadvantaged individuals and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If no reply to your application is received within sixty (60) days from date of closing, please consider your application as being unsuccessful. For further information, visitwww.mbda.co.za.
Mandela Bay Development Agency
Directors: R Dana, AJF Gardiner, MW Goduka (Chairperson), K Govender, B Gxilishe, R Kisten, SM Mbanga, M Odayar
Company Secretary: M Matiwane