LOCAL MUNICIPALITY OF LEKWA
The Lekwa Local Municipality with its seat in Standerton, invites or applications from experienced, qualified, motivated and innovative individuals for the following position to become part of and join a dynamic and growth orientated Local Authority.
EXECUTIVE MANAGER TECHNICAL SERVICES
Five (5) year fixed term contract
Reference Number MM/003
The successful candidate will be required to sign an employment contract, performance agreement and disclosure of financial interest
Key Performance Areas
The incumbent will be accountable to the Municipal Manager/Accounting Officer and be responsible for:
• Overall management of the Technical Services Department.
• Providing support and advice to the Municipal Manager and Council.
• Managing the provision of engineering services to the community in a sustainable and equitable manner
• Providing water, sanitation, electricity, roads and storm water sewerage.
• Developing a programme for infrastructural service delivery within the Lekwa area in line with the IDP and overseeing its implementation.
• Managing the operations, maintenance, planning and administration of electrical, water, sanitation, roads and storm water network of the Council.
• Assuming the responsibility as defined in the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the regulations thereof
• Ensuring legislative, regulatory, policy, practices and operating standard compliance.
• Strategic Direction and Leadership
• People Management
• Program and Project Management
• Financial Management
• Change Leadership
• Governance Leadership
Annual total remuneration package: R932 548 (Minimum), R1 078 089 (Midpoint), R1 223 632 (Maximum)
1. Interested applicants meeting the requirements are requested to forward comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, together with certified copies of qualifications and identity documents to The Municipal Manager, P.O. Box 66, Standerton, 2430 or hand deliver such at the Lekwa Local Municipality Administration Building, Corner Dr. Beyers Naude and Mbonani Mayisela Street, Standerton.
2. Faxed and or e-mailed applications will not be considered.
3. Correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates. Applicants who have not been contacted within sixty (60) days of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
4. Lekwa Local Municipality reserves the right not to make any appointment.
5. Appointment is subject to security clearance.
6. The submission of an application gives Lekwa Local Municipality the right to make inquiries necessary to obtain information regarding the applicant’s background. Such enquiry will include current and previous employers as well as academic institutions.
7. Those who applied previously are encouraged to re-apply.
8.The Application Form for Employment for senior management available on the Lekwa Local Municipality website at www.lekwalm.gov.za must be completed.
9. Further enquiries can be directed to Mr. Z.J. Mtsweni Manager Human Resources at 0798948538.
Closing date for applications: 11 March 2019 at 12:00
Municipal Notice: 4/2019