INSURANCE SECTOR EDUCATION AND TRAINING (INSETA)
INSETA ROLE PROFILE – SCM Manager
1. JOB TITLE: SCM Manager
2. POST LEVEL: D2
3. DEPARTMENT: Supply Chain Management
4. REPORTING LINE: CFO
5. DIVISION: Finance
6. LOCATION / CENTRE: Parktown
7. CONTRACT TYPE: Full time
Key Performance Areas: Manage the INSETA SCM procurement processes and objectives 25%
Outputs: • Develop and implement procurement policies and procedures in line with NT, SCM policy, PPPFA and PFMA requirements.
• Develop and implement the Procurement Plan in support of achieving the APP and Capex and Opex Budgets.
• Comply with the National Treasury requirements in all aspects of the SCM processes the unit is responsible for.
• Meeting all the auditing standards as required by PFMA requirements and related legislation.
• Develop and implement SCM Strategy for meeting turnaround requirements as expected by all stakeholders in line with the related SOP’s., providing quality goods and services at competitive prices. Strategy to address PPPFA and BBBEE legislative requirements. The SCM strategy eliminate the Risks of noncompliance Vs the risks of slow response to requests.
• Eliminate and mitigate any Supply Chain related risks in execution of the SCM objectives.
• Develop procedures to prevent or report on any irregular, unauthorised, fruitless and wasteful expenditure.
• Development, spending and monitoring of SCM unit operational budget and ensure unit budget is spent in-line with an approved budget. Provide monthly variance report on SCM budget vs actual spent.
• Prevent and eliminate financial mismanagement in the SCM process by ensuring value for money in the payment of goods and services received by INSETA.
• Ensure providers are paid based on deliverables as per contractual obligation.
• Develop and monitor SCM risk register, provide quarterly reports on progress in the implementation of risk mitigation strategies with estimated risk mitigation accomplishment dates.
Key Performance Areas: Demand Management 15%
Outputs: • Develop and compile procurement planning in line with NT requirements.
• Communicate and upskill line management on the execution of the Procurement Plan.
• Prepare templates required for the implementation of the Procurement Plan.
Key Performance Areas: Acquisition Process Management 20%
Outputs: • Implement and execute the acquisition process in line with the approved Procurement Plan and Budget.
• Adhere to internal controls relating to SOP’s, process flows and system
• Report on acquisition process to all required committees and related stakeholders.
• Ensure the proper functioning of bid committees as per procurement plan.
Key Performance Areas: Logistics Management 5%
Outputs: • Execute logistics processes in line with the overall acquisition policies and SOP’s
• Ensure that the procurement process for all goods and services are adhered to in terms of the applicable policies and SOP’s.
• Dispatch all goods ordered by end users immediately to eliminate risks.
Key Performance Areas: Disposal Management 5%
Outputs: • Identification and classification of redundant and damaged assets in terms of policy and SOP’s.
• Ensure the proper functioning of the disposal committee by engaging the appropriate asset managers in the process to determine the correct disposal methods and procedures.
• Adherence to the GRAP standards and PFMA requirements on all asset management aspects
• Apply the appropriate delegation of authority in relation to the asset disposal process.
• Arrange and execute on the approved disposal method.
Key Performance Areas: Contract- and Supplier Performance Management 10%
Outputs: • Manage all contracts and supplier performance by applying the supplier performance management tool.
• Maintain and update an appropriate contract management register.
• Assess and evaluate exceptions and disputes between suppliers and internal stakeholders.
• Apply and resolve any legal disputes in terms of the contractual obligations.
• Investigate any improper conduct by service providers or bidders.
Key Performance Areas: Stakeholder Management 10%
Outputs: • Contribute to the development of the Stakeholder strategy, plan, policies and procedures programme, outputs and deliverables.
• Provide Stakeholder advice, expertise, support and assistance to departments and units.
• Address and resolve Stakeholder engagement queries and concerns.
• Engage pro-actively with service providers listed on the supplier database.
• Engage with and conduct tender briefing sessions with potential service providers to ensure understanding and provide clarity on specific tenders.
• Issue Request for Information (RFI’s) to engage with potential service providers on specific goods and services requirements.
Key Performance Areas: People Management 10%
Outputs: • Identification of required skills and competency gaps.
• Train and develop individual staff members in terms of the performance improvement plans.
• Manage all disciplinary and grievance procedures and incidents.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Requirement: NQF Level 7 Degree in Supply Chain
Preferred Requirement: NQF 8 Honours qualification in Finance
Minimum Requirement: Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Management position in the Procurement/SCM fields.
Preferred Requirement: 5 plus SCM / procurement experience in the Public Sector environment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Minimum Requirement: Knowledge and understanding of the PPPFA, PFMA and NT regulations Knowledge and understanding of the appropriate legislative and regulatory frameworks. (PPPFA, BBBEE etc.)
Minimum Requirement: Attention to detail, ability to work under pressure and meet deadline under challenging circumstances.
Advanced computer skills include power point presentation and high level of written and verbal communication.
The ability to analyse situations and to arrive at the best possible solution.
Ability to determine correct prices and quality and negotiate on behalf of INSETA.
• Desktop Computer or Laptop Computer
• 3G Card
• Landline telephone
• Access to internet
• Events equipment
You have the basic skills of this competency and can do the work but it has to be checked and you sometimes ask for assistance and / or guidance.
Requires a working knowledge with a practical understanding. Competency must be able to be applied in straightforward circumstances.
Required to conduct competency within limited levels of complexity and impact. Limited responsibility in role.
You have good skills of this competency and you can operate independently with little guidance
Requires an excellent level of knowledge with a good level of understanding. Competency must be able to be applied in complex circumstances.
Required to conduct competency within moderate levels of complexity and impact. Moderate responsibility in role.
You are an expert and are often called on to train and / or check another people’s work in this competency area
Requires an expert working knowledge with an excellent level of understanding.
Competency must be able to be applied in highly complex and / or exceptional circumstances.
Required to conduct competency within high levels of complexity and impact.
Large responsibility in role.
Please forward your application letter supported by your CV and copies of qualifications to email@example.com with the position you are applying for clearly stated.
INSETA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
The closing date of applications is 07 June 2020
No late applications will be accepted.