INSURANCE SECTOR EDUCATION AND TRAINING (INSETA)
Job Title: Learning Programs Specialist
Department: Learning – Worker Programmes
Location: INSETA Head Office, Parktown, Johannesburg
Reporting Line: Learning Manager (Workers)
Patterson Job Grading: C3
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The key purpose of this role is to facilitate the successful implementation of the INSETA strategy to deliver the required learning and skills outcomes for stakeholder impact and return on investment. The role will support delivery against the targets and projects assigned to the Learning Division Worker Programs Manager.
Portfolio Administration 30%
• Administration of assigned portfolio of programs from award of grants to closure of projects
• Create dashboards to ensure control measures are implemented for management of funding recommended.
• Follow up on recommendations to employers for conversion to commitments
• Track on non-responsive employers. Draft withdrawal or termination of funding letters for approval.
• Create calendar of key dates for tracking milestones for projects within portfolio
• Daft funding agreements and ensure signatures are obtained from all signatories
• Customer Relationship Management: Resolve stakeholder queries and complaints within defined timeframes in a manner that maintains the stakeholder satisfaction and builds healthy relationships
• Represent INSETA in a professional manner telephonically, in meetings and in other forums as required. Engage with stakeholders on a regular basis and as per project requirements
• Invoice payment administration and update of commitment schedule
• Reporting on achievement against targets related to portfolio
• Skills Programs and Bursary project closure
Contract Management 15 %
• Draft contracts and learning program agreements that clearly outline deliverables, set timelines and develop a payment schedule.
• Coordinate the signing of contracts and on-boarding of all project beneficiaries, project resources and service providers.
• Ensure the performance and compliance of all project beneficiaries and service providers is in line with contractual requirements and INSETA performance stipulations
• Ensure the processing of project beneficiaries and providers payments are in line with the INSETA policy and procedures
• Ensure Project tranche payments are checked for full evidence of each deliverable and compliance with INSETA policy and procedures
• Coordinate that all required documentation to track contract progress is received by the defined deadlines
• Monitor contract end dates and progress on deliverables
• Make recommendations on contract termination and extension at contract end
• Manage and address non-performance with all beneficiaries, setting performance improvement targets and monitoring compliance
• Track commitments and reconcile. Draft monthly commitment schedule for Workers Team for submission to Learning Manager
• Monthly report to Learning Manager on status of each project
• Ensure alignment of Worker Project start and end dates with INSETA PMO records
• Ad-hoc reports on contracts as required
Finance and Budgeting 15%
• Provide input to the compilation of the projects budgets
• Recommend any changes to budget for approval with motivation
• Monitor actual expenditure vs budget
• Monitor the Finance dashboards as per the spend allocations to the projects
• Recommend project payments in line with the DG funding policy or contract deliverables for approval by Learning Manager
Corporate Governance and Reporting 10%
• Adhere to the internal and external (DHET SLA and APP) INSETA Governance requirements by providing required documents and evidence of targets reported to the AG and IA Representatives as required during audits.
• Respond to any Audit findings and implement mitigation actions where required
• Identify Project Risks for monthly review and reporting
• Monitor performance against objectives and report on any deviations.
• Ensure delivery and utilisation of applicable systems and information provision in line with INSETA expectations
• Attend committee meetings and report on outcomes from committees (Steering Committees, Specialist Forum, DGEC and others as required)
General Administration 15%
• Day to day management of project related mailboxes and responding to correspondence
• Oversee all the Admin project dashboards and develop templates to ease administration where required
• Ensure all administration deliverables are met.
• Capture data, follow up with stakeholders and service providers for source data and ensure that SETMIS reporting requirements are met for the Workers team on a quarterly and annual basis
• Assist in compiling ad hoc reports as required by the INSETA Executives
▪ Monitor the project finances and report on project spend against project commitments.
▪ Liaison with finance to ensure alignment of information on commitments and on expenditure against project budgets
▪ Align project information with PMO records
▪ Conduct scoping sessions and project reviews
▪ Train administrative staff and ensure accuracy of processing
▪ Ensure that stakeholders in a portfolio are attended to when the administrator assigned to the portfolio is on leave
▪ Validation of evidence for portfolio assigned and sampling of 25% of evidence per quarter from portfolios assigned to administrators to ensure adherence to INSETA requirements per Technical Indicator Descriptors (TiDs)
▪ Conduct site visits as required
▪ Draft Project Change Control Notes (PCCN) for any project changes
▪ Support INSETA Learning Division Workers Team as required
Minimum Qualification Required:
A relevant full qualification (NQF Level 6) in Project Management, Learning and Development, Education, Commerce or another relevant area or similar is required.
A full qualification in NQF 6 qualification in a similar field would be preferable
A minimum of 2 years relevant SETA Grant Administration and Skills Development experience is required plus
A minimum of 2 year’s hands-on Project Management experience, with proven success.
Preferred Requirement: Insurance Industry experience and
2 years Supervisory experience
Ideal – Strong IT background to manage large volumes of learner data on a spreadsheet with built in formulas.
Basic business writing and reporting skills.
Basic financial management (reconciling of invoices etc).
Computer Literacy (Excellent application of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint). Internet / Email, Windows explorer as well as the ability to learn the INSETA’s Project
Management System and Skills System, Learner Management System and Microsoft Dynamics AX).
Knowledge and understanding of the PFMA, National Treasury and related legislation governing the SETA environment.
Financial management - Costing
Insurance Industry knowledge
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Financial planning and budgeting
Knowledge and understanding of the PFMA, NT regulations, Insurance Industry related legislation and regulatory requirements.
Knowledge of the legislation that impacts the Insurance industry, key role players and professional bodies and associations.
Attention to detail
Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
Able to work under pressure and meet deadline under challenging circumstances.
Tolerance for ambiguity
Action orientation, innovation and creativity
Analysis and problem solving skills
Conflict resolution and resilience
Assertive within the audit framework
Must be willing to work after hours and over weekends
Must be in possession of a valid driver’s licence and have own vehicle.
Closing date: 11 May 2021
INSETA is an equal opportunity employer and preference will be afforded to candidates in terms of our Employment Equity Plan.
Please forward your application letter supported by your CV and copies of qualifications to email@example.com with the position you are applying for clearly stated.
INSETA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
No late applications will be accepted.