DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC ENTERPRISES PERISITIC XP6 MODULAR POWER UNITS – XP6XH9OOXP SCAM
TELL TALE SIGNS OF THIS SCAM:
1. All South African Government Tenders are freely available on www.etenders.gov.za for browsing.
2. There is no such Tender online or in the Tender Bulletins.
3.PERISITIC XP6 MODULAR POWER UNITS – XP6XH9OOXP is only available from one supplier worldwide and in Cape Town. So the idea is to commit the supplier who is far from the place into depositing money into an account close to Friday and telling them that delivery will be made over the weekend.
***No such delivery will ever be made. The scammers will simply disappear with the money.***
4. Do not bother calling the number given. The DPE switchboard number is 012 431 1000 (Always check with the department, agencies etc. on the numbers given on the official websites.)
5 The name used on the email belongs to a DPE official, that the scammers simply found online & decided to use.
6. @dpegov.org is not the official DPE domain. Department of Public Enterprises uses @dpe.gov.za.
7. Under the current system used by all government bodies called the Central Suppliers Database (CSD). All Other information like Tax Clearance, UIF, CIPC info, Banking Details etc. are all already linked and registered automatically to CSD. So there is no reason for anybody sending a RFQ to be making such requests unless they have alterior motives.
From: Jacky Molisane (Department of Public Enterprises South Africa) [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Monday, 05 June 2017 3:46 PM
Subject: DPE REQUEST FOR QUOTATION
Quote for the item and SBD forms attached . For more information contact us on 012 754 6736. Closing date for submitting quote is 14th June 2017 at 16:30.
NB!!!!! Please note that all signed quotations must be accompanied with the following documents and submitted via email or Fax to 086 750 4940.
-Valid Tax Clearance
Sincerely and on behalf of the Department of Public Enterprises
Republic of South Africa.
Supply Chain Management
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC ENTERPRISES: REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA: E-MAIL DISCLAIMER
The information contained in this message and/or attachment (s) is
Intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or placing any reliance on, this
information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material from any system and destroy any copies.
If you do not agree to the terms and provisions of this Disclaimer,
then do not use this site or download the material.
Email us: email@example.com
Government Scams Warnings