DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH HEATON 256 DC SOLAR PANEL SCAM
1. The Department f health has no business requesting for a quote for solar panels.
2. Building works, infrastructure, installations and maintenance are services offered by the Department of Public Works.
3. In some cases the supplier would be required to also install whatever is needed.
4. The main question is: Why would the Department of Health make a request for Solar Panels?
5. Before even entertaining the content of the email. The receiver should pick up the most obvious and important Red Flag. The email email@example.com is a false email address for any organ of the South African government.
6. The official email address domain for the Department of Health is @health.gov.za.
7. The telephone number provided is not the official Department of Health number. Do not bother calling the number given. The DOH switchboard number is 012 431 1000 (Always check with the department, agencies etc. on the numbers given on the official websites.)
8. The name used on the email belongs to a DOH official, that the scammers simply found online & decided to use.
Government Scams Warnings Always verify any RFQ with the official Department/Entity/Municipality/Institution etc. Use the official numbers & not the ones given on the RFQ email. Go to www.govpage.co.za navigation menus for official website links. MAKE A TRIP TO THAT PARTICULAR STATE BODY & VERIFY AUTHENTICITY. DO NOT PAY FOR GOODS TO BE DELIVERED OVERNIGHT. DO NOT ALLOW SCAMMERS TO RUSH YOU INTO HASTY DECISIONS. ITS YOUR MONEY, BUSINESS & TIME!!!