GENERAL PUBLIC SERVICE SECTORAL BARGAINING COUNCIL (GPSSBC)
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
The GPSSBC invites skilled, suitable individuals to apply for the following position based at the Public Service Bargaining Centre in Centurion, Tshwane.
Key Performance Areas:
• Contribute towards the development and cascading of operational plans for the Dispute Management Unit, ensuring improved post processes in case management and overall service delivery to all clients of the GPSSBC
• Assist the Manager in the monitoring and coordination of the budget for the Dispute Management Unit with focus on the budgetary requirements and activities of the Post-process.
• Supervision and management of operations related to Outcomes, Records Management, Reviews & Applications
• Manage the distribution of work to different workstations and monitor adherence to timelines and guidelines as a means to assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the procedures utilised by the team
• Apply knowledge of labour law frameworks law to prepare legally sound documents for the Labour Court in response to court applications and on behalf of the GPSSBC (e.g. explanatory affidavits, notice of motions, applications for variation, rescission, variation, quantification etc.)
• Prepare and assist for appearance in court on behalf of the GPSSBC ( when required • Make presentations on GPSSBC activities and/or specific projects at relevant workshops and seminars as required
• Monitor the performance of commissioners as per SLAB
• In collaboration with the Assistant Manager: DMU Pm-process, manage operations of the Helpdesk to ensure effectiveness and address prevalent challenges
• Address escalated queries related to the Post-process, requiring specialised technical knowledge
• Analyse, problem solve and provide guidance to subordinates and parties on challenges arising during case management
• Oversee the documents management and filing for the DMU Post-process to ensure compliance with the organisation's practices
• Work collaboratively with the Manager in the compilation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports on the strategic and operational activities of the Unit
• Assist in the supervision, training and development of junior staff through formalised human capital management structures such as the performance management and evaluation system
• Identify ways of improving processes and operations within the Dispute Management Unit and make recommendations to the Manager
Position: Chamber Secretary
Basic Salary: R331363.00 per annum
Benefits: Provident Fund; Medical Aid: Housing Allowance & 13th Cheque.
The key functions of the Chamber Secretary is providing an end to end secretariat support function to GPSSBC's Task Teams, Committees and Chambers at national and provincial levels.
Requirements: Candidates should have three (3) — year Degree/Diploma in Public Administration/Business Administration in Labour Relations/Labour Law and 2 years' experience in Committee/meetings management environment. Valid driver's license. Proven exposure to Labour Relations/Labour law. Administrative knowledge. Good planning & organizing skills. Minute & Report writing skills. Initiative, Effective communication skills (Verbal & written). Attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to work independently and as part of the team. Proficiency in English.
Key Performance Areas:
• Development and implementation against a monthly and yearly planner for all chamber and task team meetings
• Booking of meeting venues
•Timeous distribution of meeting notifications & agendas
• Preparation and compilation of agendas
• Recording and documentation of meeting proceedings
• Provision of a clear sense of strategic direction and advisory services to ensure compliance to GPSSBC principles and governance structures by all stakeholders and parties in meetings
• Facilitation of meetings when necessary
• Documentation and following up with responsible parties on action/ task list emerging from the from inter council, chamber and stakeholder meetings
• Analysis, problem solving and provision of guidance to parties on issues or decisions emanating from meetings and making recommendations as required
• Planning, facilitation and coordination of training requirements to parties
• Drafting of progress reports (monthly, quarterly, annually) against activities related to assigned task teams, committees and chambers
• Work collaboratively with Administrators to ensure efficient document management and filing procedures that comply with the organisation's practices
• Work as team to solve process and operational issues for continuous improvement of the Unit
• Compilation of reports against strategic objectives and plans of the Unit as required
Enquiries for the abovementioned position must be directed to the HR at 012644 8132.
Applications must be accompanied by an application letter, concise CV and certified copies of qualifications must be clearly marked 'Confidential'', to the: HR. Postal Address: P.0 Box 16663, Lyttelton, 0140, or hand delivered to GPSSBC's Offices on 260 Basden Avenue, Lyttelton, Centurion or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is 22 January 2021, and no late applications will be accepted.
Note: This office will acknowledge receipt of applications from candidates who are shortlisted. Candidates who have not received letters of acknowledgement within 30 days after the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful.
APPOINTMENT WILL BE MADE AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF THE GPSSBC.