EASTERN CAPE RURAL DEVELOPMENT AGENCY (ECRDA)
The Easter Cape Rural Development Agency (ECRDA) is a Schedule 3C entity in terms of the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA). ECRDA has a dedicated focus on formulating, promoting and ensuring the implementation of a comprehensive integrated rural development strategy for the Eastern Cape Province.
• Senior experience in regional and local economic development policy, planning and evaluation
• Senior experience in the design and planning of innovative development interventions, multi-stakeholder management and the ability to engage at all levels of the stakeholder matrix.
• Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
• Experience in the design of planning tools, instruments and templates used in the comprehensive preparation and presentation of project business plans.
• Specific familiarity with, and the ability to adapt the instruments of the National Treasury, EU and related planning frameworks for project business plans
• Minimum 10 years' experience
• Be willing to commit for a minimum of 6 months
• Be prepared to perform any assigned duties
• Ability to work in and as part of a team
• Be professional, honest and committed
• Accuracy and attention to detail required
• Be deadline driven
• Be prepared to travel
Duties will include but not be limited to:
• Lead the Strategy development and planning exercise of ECRDA (Strategy 2020-2025)
• Support the Strategy coordinating team in quality-assuring the work of short-term consultants engaged on the exercise
• Prepare and support the ECRDA's team members in leading the various planning workshops and multi-stakeholder consultations anticipated in the preparation of the Strategy and programme as well as project plans
• Lead and/or support the overall writing, quality-assuring and consolidation of the Strategy and project plans, inclusive of preparing enabling templates and guides for others inputting the content of the Strategy and project plans
• Ensure skills transfer to relevant officials of the ECRDA in leading and managing the kind of work under consideration.
The application, which should as minimum contain a covering letter, CV, certified copies of your identity document, qualifications and drivers licence, should be submitted to Ms Somhlahlo Unit 12D, Beacon Bay Crossing, Cnr. N2 & Bonza Bay Road, Beacon Bay, East London 5201 or e-mailed to SomhlahloN@ecrda.co.za.
• Without prejudice, correspondence will be limited to the short-listed candidates.
• Further be informed that if you have not been contacted within 1 month of the dosing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful
• ECRDA is committed, to the provisions of the Employment Equity Act (Act No. 55 of 1998)
• ECRDA reserves the right to appoint or not to make an appointment.
CLOSING DATE: 27 March 2019
Late applications will not be accepted.