EASTERN CAPE RURAL DEVELOPMENT AGENCY (ECRDA)
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
Position : Project Manager: Cannabis Industry
Task Grade Level : 15
Location : Head Office
Reporting Line : Executive: Integrated Programme Management
Duration : 5-Year Contract
Start Date : As soon as possible
Position advert nr : C3
NOTE: Applicants must please clearly indicate the name and position number on the application.
Main purpose of the Position:
To render technical support for cannabis industry development within rural development project management
Assessed Basic or Competent proficiency level on the following leading competences:
• Strategic Direction and Leadership • People Management • Programme and Project Management • Financial Management • Change Leadership • Governance Leadership • Stakeholder Relations
Assessed Basic or Competent proficiency level on the following core competences:
• Moral Competence • Planning and Organising • Analysis and Innovation • Knowledge and Information Management • Communication • Results and Quality Focus
Key Performance Areas:
1. Subject Matter Expert: • Give professional or technical input and suggestion to the broader ECRDA, and provide direction to staff within the sphere of operation and teams • Convey knowledge to other employees within other operating units and teams, where required or expected In order to provide subject matter expertise across the ECRDA
2. Procedure Revision and Documenting: • Identify and revise or document gaps in standard operating procedures • Identify rooms for discretion or abuse in procedures, and tighten the prescriptive requirements thereof • Make input into delegation framework to maintain effectiveness of procedures, nonetheless the controls required In order to ensure revision and documenting of procedures for effectiveness, and to curb discretion and abuse
3. Task and Project Management Relationships: • Work together with project managers to share resources and experience, and to help to improve efficiency and overall performance • Prioritise team tasks, optimise opportunities and avoid potential risks, and concentrate on what is best for the team In order to ensure harmonious relationship with project managers
4. Performance Management Process Responsibilities: • Determine an appropriate schedule for regular performance conversations with co-workers and employees managed directly • Use the quarterly performance reviews for achievements, setbacks, and then use this information to align goals and development plan for coming year • Deliver regular positive and constructive feedback • Check-in on target or goal progress, offering coaching or assistance, or revise targets or goals as necessary In order to ensure performance management with co-workers and of subordinates
5. Cannabis Industry: • Provide business advisory services to help businesses find acceptable locations, obtain the licenses they need, and advise them on other legal matters • Provide skills into managing cultivation facility operations • Oversee harvesting, processing, and distribution of the crop • Promote cannabis extraction technology for skilled laboratory work, extracting cannabinoids that provide the therapeutic qualities consumers seek from cannabis plants • Facilitate skills development into growing cannabis, including managing warehouses and their grow lights; cloning, transplanting, feeding, trimming, and other growing tasks; growth and support of selected cannabis strains, plant optimisation methods, plant waste control; training supervisors and managing a warehouse crew; managing garden scheduling and organisation to minimise expenses; preventing and eliminating moulds, fungi, and pests; and managing harvests; inventory management • Facilitate the legal infusion of cannabis into food, oils, and so on In order to provide comprehensive cannabis industry development and growth for rural development
6. Project management: • Determine and define project scope and objectives • Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner • Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements • Track project costs in order to meet budget • Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan • Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress • Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables • Utilise industry best practices, techniques, quality and standards throughout entire project execution • Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed • Identify and mitigate risks • Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement In order to ensure the direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of cannabis industry projects, while remaining aligned with strategy, commitments and goals of the ECRDA
7. Perform any other related duties as instructed by the Executive: integrated Programme Management
The application, which should as minimum contain a covering letter, CV, certified copies of your identity document, qualifications and drivers licence, must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Without prejudice, correspondence will be limited to the short-listed candidates.
• Further be informed that if you have not been contacted within 1 month of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
• ECRDA is committed to the provisions of the Employment Equity Act (Act No. 55 of 1998)
• ECRDA reserves the right to appoint or not to make an appointment.
• Interviews will be conducted via MS Teams virtual platform, unless stated otherwise
• Administrative enquiries may be directed via email to Sarieta Maasdorp at email@example.com
• Technical enquiries may be directed via email to C. Gardner at firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: 29 June 2021 at 12h00 midday. Late applications will not be accepted.