EASTERN CAPE RURAL DEVELOPMENT AGENCY (ECRDA)
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
Position : M&E Specialist
Task Grade Level : 16
Location : Head Office
Reporting Line : Head of Office and Senior Manager Strategy
Duration : 5-Year Contract
Start Date : As soon as possible
Position advert nr : B6
NOTE: Applicants must please clearly indicate the name and position number on the application.
Main purpose of the Position:
To provide technical leadership and strategic direction for monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities for the ECRDA
Assessed Competent proficiency level on the following leading competences:
- Strategic Direction and Leadership - People Management - Programme and Project Management - Financial Management - Change Leadership - Governance Leadership - Stakeholder Relations
Assessed Competent proficiency level on the following core competences: - Moral Competence - Planning and Organising - Analysis and Innovation - Knowledge and Information Management - Communication - Results and Quality Focus
Key Performance Areas:
1. M&E technical leadership: • Develop the M&E framework, plans and indicators to capture strategy and project performance results • Provide effective, accurate and timely monitoring, evaluation and reporting of all strategic objectives and project activities • Work closely with the M&E team to design, implement and supervise the ECRDA’s M&E activities • Ensure that lessons learned are integrated into programme implementation to continuously improve quality of projects and strategic outcomes • Document and disseminate ECRDA’s programme and project successes and challenges • Design and conduct operations research • Oversee the development and implementation of the Performance Monitoring Plan to capture project performance and results, including routine operations data reporting, baseline and milestone assessments, and all monitoring for process and outcome evaluations • Develop and oversee data flow pattern for programmes that will ensure timely data collection and reporting • Lead results reporting to shareholder and national government by providing written documentation on M&E activities and indicator results for progress and annual reports, as appropriate • Provide leadership and direction on M&E to ensure the ECRDA achieves its goals and corresponding objectives and targets • Ensure high-quality implementation, consistent with national and provincial monitoring and evaluation guidelines, protocols, information and reporting systems • Lead efforts to monitor and evaluate project interventions, document results and provide feedback to stakeholders to guide decision-making • Cultivate strategic M&E relationships and alliances with other provincial agencies and represent M&E activities in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations In order to ensure technical leadership in the development of the M&E framework for the ECRDA
2. M&E system design: • Support the development of the M&E System in line with ECRDA requirements and needs of various projects • Elaborate, pilot and validate quantitative and qualitative monitoring tools as well as design the corresponding data collection procedures • Lead efforts in reviewing existing evaluation approach and to promote more rigorous and impact-oriented evaluation design • Support and engage in the design and management of constructive information feedback loops to inform programme design To oversee the design and implement the M&E system for the ECRDA operations and strategy implementation
3. Monitoring implementation: • Supervise and coordinate application of monitoring tools to track strategy and programme performance in line with the M&E Plan • Offer technical support to project staff in the implementation of monitoring responsibilities to ensure correct and timely collection of monitoring data • Manage and conduct qualitative monitoring among programme beneficiaries and other stakeholders, such as surveys, focus group discussions, interviews and case studies • Establish an inquisitive learning culture within ECRDA through leading the capacity building efforts in M&E • Work with project and financial staff to prepare and track progress of project and activity budgets To oversee the implementation of monitoring tools for performance management on the ECRDA’s operations and long-term strategic objectives
4. Data management: • Coordinate analysis of real-time program monitoring data collected on a weekly and termly basis • Lead and conduct analysis of quantitative data as well as qualitative data on all program inputs, outputs and outcomes • Compile and publish quantitative and qualitative monitoring results in visually-attractive Monitoring Reports for internal and external audiences • Ensure quality of data through data verification procedures, including routine data quality audits • Develop and oversee data flow pattern for the program that will ensure timely data collection and reporting • Ensure relevant data is entered into ECRDA-wide performance management system designed to capture, analyse, and disseminate project data • Promote and support the dissemination of project information among project teams • Coordinate all M&E capacity-building activities with project staff, and implementing partners In order to provide a data management service for M&E in the ECRDA
5. Impact evaluation: • Lead the process of designing, piloting and validating quantitative and qualitative evaluation tools • Oversee and supervise the coordination of impact survey administration and implementation • Design data analysis in line with the projects’ best practices and conduct impact data analysis on programmes outcomes • Elaborate and design Impact reports based on impact evaluation results according to strategic outcomes and programme targets In order to provide an impact evaluation service to the ECRDA’s strategic outcomes and projects targets
6. Perform any other related duties as instructed by the Head of Office & Senior Manager: Strategy, and CEO
The application, which should as minimum contain a covering letter, CV, certified copies of your identity document, qualifications and drivers licence, must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Without prejudice, correspondence will be limited to the short-listed candidates.
• Further be informed that if you have not been contacted within 1 month of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
• ECRDA is committed to the provisions of the Employment Equity Act (Act No. 55 of 1998)
• ECRDA reserves the right to appoint or not to make an appointment.
• Interviews will be conducted via MS Teams virtual platform, unless stated otherwise
• Administrative enquiries may be directed via email to Sarieta Maasdorp at email@example.com
• Technical enquiries may be directed via email to C. Gardner at firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: 29 June 2021 at 12h00 midday. Late applications will not be accepted.