EASTERN CAPE RURAL DEVELOPMENT AGENCY (ECRDA)
Position : Interim Cannabis Task Team Coordinator
Location : HEAD OFFICE, EAST LONDON
Reporting Line : ACCELERATION ACTION TEAM COORDINATOR
Programme : ADMINISTRATION
Duration : 4 MONTHS
Start Date : Immediately
INTERIM CANNABIS TASK TEAM COORDINATOR
Main purpose of the Position:
To drive the development of a cannabis strategy for the Eastern Cape through a process of consolidating the existing cannabis committees into a single Cannabis Development Task Team. The Task Team will be responsible for the Provincial Cannabis Strategy, which should inform the respective cannabis industry business plans to unlock the value chain with a strong focus on participatory economies and economic justice.
Key Performance Areas:
• Amalgamation of stakeholder data bases.
• Consolidation of all documents, meeting minutes, historical projects and other cannabis related initiatives undertaken to date in the province.
• Assemble and facilitate regular interdepartmental government Cannabis Task Team meetings.
• Coordinate, manage and assign responsibilities and key performance indicators to the ECRDA Cannabis Technical Advisory Team and internal cannabis team.
• Manage a historical document review, data base development and strategy discussion with the Cannabis Technical Advisory Team
• Coordinating the Cannabis Task Team strategy and vision through a series of interviews and workshops to document an overview of the potential of cannabis in the Eastern Cape Province to inform a Cannabis Strategy for the Eastern Cape
• Development of a draft Cannabis Strategy for the Eastern Cape
• Coordinate the development of education and training materials to inform and enable provincial government and train ECRDA and DRDAR extension officers to train municipalities on the potential of the cannabis value chain
• Coordinating stakeholder engagement to present, discuss and amend the draft Cannabis Strategy for the Eastern Cape.
• Develop and manage the ECRDA budget for the Cannabis Task Team, Technical Advisory Team, Business plan development and Farmer support
• Facilitate the development of a concept document for the proposed virtual and physical
cannabis college. • Set up round table investment sessions and engage with potential off take partners.
• Develop the terms of reference for the development of the cannabis industry business plan for the province.
• Manage the development of the Eastern Cape Cannabis Business Plan.
The application, which should as minimum contain a covering letter, CV, certified copies of your identity document, qualifications and drivers licence, must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
• Without prejudice, correspondence will be limited to the short-listed candidates.
• Further be informed that if you have not been contacted within 1 month of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
• ECRDA is committed, to the provisions of the Employment Equity Act (Act No. 55 of 1998)
• ECRDA reserves the right to appoint or not to make an appointment.
• Interviews will be conducted via MS Teams virtual platform.
• Administrative enquiries may be directed via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Technical enquiries may be directed via email to vanBiljonM@ecrda.co.za
CLOSING DATE: 20 December 2020 at 12h00 midday.
Late applications will not be accepted.