R99 DEBIT ORDER SCAM
Be sure to always check your bank account balance against illegal debit orders. Normally you will only receive a sms notification for any money leaving your account provided it is an amount above R100. Criminal syndicates have are debiting R99 from accounts every month of regularly, without the victims realising. This is simply because the banks do not send notifications for amounts less than R100.
Always check your bank accounts balances and keep track of your bank charges to determine your correct balance.
1. Make sure that you are registered with your bank for telephone banking and online banking.
2. Make use of the ATM & Check your balance regularly.
3. Keep track of SMS' from the bank.
4. Make use of your phone by dialing the required USSD Code to receive your balance.
5. If you have a smart phone, download your banks app from the official authorized app store.
6. Use the app to track transactions, balances and make purchases on a secure platform.
7. Visit the your banks official website and login for balances, detailed transactions and make purchases where necessary.
In the event that you may find something irregular. Please contact your bank immediately.
If there is an illegal debit on the account. Ask your bank to reverse it immediately.
Always check your bank statements and familiarize yourself with the regular bank fees and charges.
You may contact and call your banks from the information given on the following links.
Bank Scams Warnings