AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT CENTRE (AIDC)
Your partner in becoming globally competitive
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
(Five-year performance based contract)
Reporting to the Board of Directors on a Five-year fixed term contract, the CEO will be required to implement the strategy of the entity and achieve the organisational priorities set for the organisation by the Board; participate in initiatives geared towards supporting the Eastern Cape provincial economic development plan; embrace and advance 41R in the automotive; provide effective leadership; promote collaborative governance within the industry and across sectors; management and coordination of economic activities across the Province so that the strategies and performance objectives defined in the current Corporate Strategy and Plan are met and exceeded.
Key Performance Areas include:
• Lead on 4th Industrial Revolution, Innovation and digitisation as it relates to the automotive industry.
• Strategic stakeholder relations management, provincially, nationally and internationally.
• Facilitate development and implementation of policies.
• Ensure sustainability of the organisation and delivery on the AIDC-EC mandate;
• Offer strategic leadership, executive management, responsible entrepreneurship, ambassadorship, and statutory compliance;
• Ensure a sustainable, development-driven economic growth of the Province, by stimulating activity in the automotive sector and targeted geographic areas;
• Ensure that the entity's strategy is effectively implemented; all resources are strategically deployed and efficiently utilised; and that the organisation complies with the requirements of the PFMA, Companies Act and the Shareholder's Compact;
• Ensure that the required skills are developed within various automotive industries and within the organisation, in order to accelerate growth and development of the sector;
• Identify and secure key strategic alliances for the entity in the public, private and developmental sectors;
• Create political business climate for the organisation to function effectively;
• Develop and maintain a shared vision and mission amongst management and staff, so that the organisation survives and thrives whilst assuming total responsibility for the organisation.
• Post graduate qualification in Management/Commerce; MBA/MBL will be an added advantage.
• 5 years of working experience at an Executive level.
• More than 10 years of working experience.
• Extensive experience in management and oversight of multiple departments.
• Driver's licence
• Able to integrate technology into systems and processes.
• Knowledge and understanding in the following areas are required namely leadership and management; strategy implementation; strategic marketing; risk management; oral and written communication skills; performance monitoring and evaluation; and governance
• Deep and effective people management and motivation skills
• High degree of financial literacy, budgeting and reporting requirements.
• Comprehensive understanding of project management.
Contact: If you are interested in this position and have the relevant experience and expertise please forward your CV with full personal details, certified copy of ID and qualifications, work history and contactable references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence and communication will only be conducted with short listed candidates and in making these appointments, AIDC-EC reserves the right to apply the principles enshrined in the Employment Equity Act, its policies, and plans.
If not contacted within 8 weeks from the closing date, please accept your application as not being successful.
Name and Surname: Vasie Naidoo Tel: 041 - 393 2100
Closing Date: 21 September 2020