Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) Vacancies
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment to the following position/s in the administration of the Electoral Commission, a state institution established by Chapter 9 of the Constitution. The Electoral Commission is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. It is the Electoral Commission’s intention to promote equity through meeting its numerical targets as contained in its approved Employment Equity Plan. Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to internal applicants (permanent employees) of the Electoral Commission.
- Applicants for the above position/s should not have a high party political profile.
- Successful candidates will be required to enter into performance contracts.
- Should applicants be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- All applications must include:
- a covering letter that clearly indicates the relevant reference number of the post and your employee number (permanent employees) as it appears on your salary advice;
- a recent, updated comprehensive curriculum vitae; and
- certified copies of all qualification documents and identity documents.
- Failure to attach the relevant reference number and to submit the requested documents will result in the application not being considered.
- Please note that recommended candidates will undergo risk assessments, including inter alia the verification of curricula vitae, all qualifications, criminal and credit assessments and appointments will only be made upon positive verification thereof.
- All appointments are subject to a probation period of twelve months.
- The Electoral Commission will only correspond with short-listed candidates.
- The Electoral Commission is under no obligation to fill the position/s and reserves the right not to make any appointment in the above post/s. Although advertised, positions may thus either be withdrawn, re-advertised or filled by way of transfer or deployment, should it be considered in the interest of service delivery.