WESTERN CAPE LIQUOR AUTHORITY (WCLA)
JUNIOR INSPECTOR X 19 (1 YEAR CONTRACT POSITIONS)
Component: Compliance and Enforcement
Department: Western Cape Liquor Authority Bellville
Reference Number: WCLA 01/2021
• Responsible for conducting pre-inspections of new applications, special events and temporary licenses.
• Compile recommendations report for submission to the Senior Inspector
• Assist with the collecting, recording and safe keeping of evidence.
• Ensure all evidence procedures are in line with all applicable legislation and standard operating procedures.
• Ensure that enforcement operations are conducted within the ambit of the Liquor Act 4 of 2008 as amended, and all other applicable legislation and standard operating procedures.
• Assist with integration with other law enforcement agencies.
• Assist with conducting national blitz operations with NLA and other provincial liquor entities when requested.
• Conduct random routine compliance inspections.
• Conduct formal inspections requested by LLA, LLT or Finance
• Testify in LLT hearings
• Deliver summons to the relevant parties
• Carry out search and seizure activities in according with the Liquor Act 4 2008 and CPA
• Deliver ad hoc notices/correspondence to relevant parties
• Capturing of information on LMaTS
• Knowledge of relevant Public Sector legislation, e.g., Administrative Law.
• knowledge of relevant industry legislation and regulations, e.g., National Liquor Act, Provincial Liquor Act, Municipal By-Laws, POPI, PAJA, PAIA, CPA etc.
• Ability to research, interpret and apply the relevant law.
• Problem solving skills.
• Able to handle conflict.
• Good verbal and written communication skills (report writing skills).
• General level of fitness is required for position.
• Work is often conducted outside of head office, in remote, rural, urban and often dangerous areas.
• Work often conducted after hours, over weekends and late into the night.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will receive further correspondence. If you have not received a response from the entity within three months of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applications are to be submitted with a covering letter clearly indicating the position being applied for and the reference number (WCLA 01/2021). Appointment is subject to security clearance and vetting checks as prescribed. Candidates may be required to undergo competency assessments/tests on a date and time determined by the Western Cape Liquor Authority. No late applications will be considered.
Applications (latest CV’s, ID, Drivers Licence, relevant Academic Qualifications and three contactable references and WCLA Application Form) must be submitted via the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications (CV and all supporting documentation) must be scanned in as one attachment.
Only applications submitted via the above-mentioned e-mail address will be accepted.
The Western Cape Liquor Authority supports the Employment Equity Act and appointments will be done in accordance with the existing Employment Equity Plan of the Western Cape Liquor Authority.
SALARY: R 237 973 per annum (CTC)
SALARY LEVEL: 5
CLOSING DATE: 16 April 2021