UMZINYATHI DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY
Umzinyathi District Municipality an equal opportunity employer, with its head office based in Dundee, hereby invites suitably qualified persons to apply for the following position:
FIXED TERM PERFORMANCE CONTRACT FOR A PERIOD OF FIVE YEAR
SENIOR MANAGER TECHNICAL SERVICES X 1 POST
DEPARTMENT: TECHNICAL SERVICES
SALARY: R768 305.00 — R987 820.00) per annum
Key responsibilities: - Focus areas: Infrastructure and development planning, Rural roads, Waste Water Treatment Plant maintenance, provision of water supply. Manage complex civil structures projects from conceptualisation, design contract management, quality assurance and compliance and ensure their proper integration to the municipality's overall plan (IDP). Perform financial monitoring through commissioning, operations and maintenance to ensure effective and efficient functioning of the department with budget constraints of the municipality. Manage all infrastructure grants funding allocated to the municipality. Provide professionally advisory to the municipality on project conceptualisation, design project management and implementation. Manage all departments contracts and tenders according to the approval SLA's in terms of reference, letter of appointment and contracted project time lines and as per project brief. Responsible to ensure proper infrastructure development and planning, project management and administration. Coordinate and supervise the implementation of programmes and projects. Ensure diligent execution of municipal functions and management of the department in accordance with applicable legislation.
Please note: Candidates are required to download and complete the Umzinyathi application form as per Government Gazette No. 37245 of 17 January 2014 which is obtainable from Umzinyathi Municipal website at www.umzinyathi.gov.za (Failure to do so will result in the candidate being disqualified).
Certified copies (not older than 3 months) of academic qualifications and a detailed CV must accompany your application.
It would be expected of candidates to be subjected to thorough evaluations and that previous and current employers and references will be contacted. Verifications will be done on his/her qualifications, criminal and credit records. The appointment made will be subject to the signing of an employment contract and performance agreement in terms of Section 57 of the Municipal Systems Act and will be done in accordance with the Regulations on Appointment and Conditions of Employment of Senior Managers.
The candidate will be required to disclose all financial interests and will be subjected to competency assessment.
The employee's ordinary place to be stationed will be 39 Victoria Street, Princess Magogo Building Dundee, provided that the municipality may require the employee to work at such places within the Republic of South Africa as may be necessary, whether on a temporary or permanent basis and may require the employee to travel internationally in the performance of his duties.
Detailed CV's as well as the completed Umzinyathi Municipal application form referred to above can be forwarded to Mr GS Vilakazi at Manager: Human Resources, P.O Box 1965, DUNDEE, 3000.
For further information, you may contact the Municipal Manager, Mr LH Mthembu at 034 219 1500.
The closing date for applications will be Friday 25 SEPTEMBER 2020 AT 15H00.
• Canvassing for appointment will automatically disqualify an applicant
• If no reply to your application has been received within 60 days of the closing date, you should consider your application as being unsuccessful.
• Human Resources will not accept responsibility for information not mentioned in applications.
• NO late applications will be accepted.
• NO e-mails or faxes will be accepted.
• NO applications shall be considered without certified copies of the original documents of qualifications.
• The Umzinyathi Municipality adheres to the provisions as contained in the Employment Equity Act to ensure representatively through the process of affirmative action.
• Applicants must have no criminal record or pending criminal/departmental or civil cases.
• Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening and fingerprint verification.
• Applicants should be a South African citizen or permanent resident
• SHOULD the candidate be successful in the interview and thereafter decline the offer, such candidate will be liable for all costs incurred to have the position re-advertised.
The Municipality reserves the right not to make any appointment. Umzinyathi Municipality is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment.
MR LH MTHEMBU - MUNICIPAL MANAGER