NELSON MANDELA BAY METROPOLITAN MUNICIPALITY
In terms of its Employment Equity Plan, the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality is committed to employment practices that redress past imbalances in respect of race, gender, creed and disability, and as such the relevant policy will be considered during selection and placement.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for appointment to the under-mentioned position. Persons with a disability are encouraged to apply.
SAFETY AND SECURITY DIRECTORATE
SENIOR SUPERINTENDENT: METRO POLICE
POSITION CODE: 190067
TASK Grade 15 (R514 896 – R715 884 annum)
(Basic salary only, excluding benefits)
Key attributes and competencies:
The incumbent should possess:
· Sound communication skills.
· Analytical skills.
· Administrative skills.
· Independent and confidential attributes.
· Monitoring, evaluation skills.
· Direct and control management skills.
· Planning and co-ordination skills.
· Be physically fit and able-bodied.
· Managing and coordinating all functions within one geographical area within the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality with regard to the provision of traffic enforcement, by-law enforcement and crime prevention and ensuring effectiveness and efficiency of service delivery through the implementation of applicable strategies, plans and policies.
As part of the selection process, candidates may be tested on any requirement, skill or competency, which will include pre-employment screening, security vetting and psychometric assessment.
Fringe benefits will include membership of a Retirement Fund, Medical Aid Scheme, Group Life Assurance Scheme, participation in a Housing Subsidy and Car Schemes (subject to the conditions of the various Schemes), and normal leave and sick leave benefits.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Applications must be made and submitted electronically; hand delivered or mailed applications for this position will not be accepted.
Kindly note that all applications for employment should be completed and submitted online on the municipal website at www.nelsonmandelabay.gov.za(go to "Vacancies’ to find the official employment application form of the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality). The completed application form must be submitted electronically from this site, accompanied by certified and scanned copies of academic qualifications and a CV.
Please complete one employment application form per vacancy.
Telephonic enquiries may be directed to the Receptionist, tel: 041 506 3259.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: FRIDAY, 8 MARCH 2019 before 12h00 noon.
Ref. 32 – 25 February 2019