NATIONAL ELECTRONIC MEDIA INSTITUTE OF SOUTH AFRICA (NEMISA) - NATIONAL COLAB DIRECTOR – 1 YEAR FIXED-TERM CONTRACT
NATIONAL ELECTRONIC MEDIA INSTITUTE OF SOUTH AFRICA (NEMISA)
Job Title: National Colab Director – 1 Year Fixed-Term Contract
Department: Office of the Chief Executive Officer
Location: Gauteng Parktown
Salary Range: Grade 12
Relationships: Chief Operating Officer
Reference Number: NEM-04/11/2020
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
Oversee the activities of the provincial collaborative e-skills CoLabs across the country in association with local partnering universities, Ensure effective functioning of the provincial collaborative e-skills CoLabs across the country to ensure delivery of digital skills training for South Africa’s citizenry and the achievement of NEMISA’s strategy and Annual Performance Plan targets. The Provincial e-Skills CoLabs are based at universities that NEMISA has entered into partnership with.
• Manage all the risks that may prevent provincial e-Skills CoLabs from achieving their objectives and targets
• Manage communications with provincial e-Skills CoLabs
• Implement the approved Monitoring and Evaluation Framework and impact assessment and report to relevant structures within NEMISA
• Ensure that provincial e-Skills CoLabs deliver quality research and innovations that improve the impact that NEMISA programmes make
• Consolidate overall national report on the activities of the provincial collaborative e-Skills CoLabs;
• Implement a record management system that will contain all reporting information while ensuring accurate and complete information
• Work with Internal Auditors to conduct the audits of provincial collaborative e-Skills CoLabs;
• Any adhoc request relating to the CoLabs;
• Consolidation of data for the annual reporting for NEMISA in regard to the Ecolabs.
Education: Formal Qualifications
Education involves the acquisition of knowledge and skills through learning where subject matter is imparted systematically. Formal qualifications are obtained by studying at formal institutions e.g. universities, Technikons, colleges, etc.
Level of Education:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education or Business or ICT related field or equivalent qualification at NQF level 7
• Honours Degree in Education or Business or ICT related field
Job related Work Experience
Experience is obtained through opportunities for exposure and practice at work. It includes all working experience that has some bearing on the job and is not restricted to the current organisation. Supervised on-the job training, internships and learnerships are incorporated within this category.
• At least 5+ years’ management experience in ICT developmental context or Education (training/ skills development)
• At least 5 + years’ experience in large-scale programme/project management in the public sector.
• 3 years’ experience within Public Sector
• 8+ years’ years’ experience in large-scale programme/project management in the public sector
• 5 years’ experience within Public Sector
Job related Knowledge
Job-related knowledge is typically gained through formal or informal training programs (these exclude programs through which Formal Qualifications are attained). It includes knowledge of facts, data and information and understanding the rationale behind models, theories and principles.
• Strategic management and reporting
• Digitally literate
• Business intelligence
• Leadership skills
• Written and Verbal Communication
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
• Strong mentoring and coaching skills
• Analysis and Problem Solving
• Strategic thinking
• Planning and organising
• Logical reasoning
• Deductive reasoning
• Critical judgement
• Information gathering
• Commercial acumen
• Emotional maturity
• Communication (Written and Verbal)
• Impact and influence
• Emotional maturity
• Results and quality focus
• Numerical reasoning
• Please email through comprehensive CV and certified copies of Qualifications/Supporting documents to: email@example.com
• If you do not hear from us within one week of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
• Preference will be given to historically disadvantaged applicants.
• Only candidates who meet the minimum requirements should apply. Correspondence will only be limited to short listed candidates.
• NEMISA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
• Closing Date: 07 January 2021 (16:00pm).
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, if this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goals.
Tel: + 27 - 11 484 0583, Fax: + 27 - 11 484 0615, Physical Address: 21 Girton Road, Parktown, Postal Address: P.O. Box 545, Auckland Park, Johannesburg 2006, www.nemisa.co.za
Non-Executive Directors: Ms Molebogeng Leshabane (Chairperson); Ms Tobeka Buswana; Mr Melvyn Lubega; Mr Lionel Adendorf; Ms Nomonde Hlatshaneni;
Prof Christian Adendorff; Ms Bongekile Filana
Executive Directors: Mr Trevor Rammitlwa CEO)
Company Secretary: Ms Fahmida Valla
Reg no. 98/14825/08