NATIONAL ELECTRONIC MEDIA INSTITUTE OF SOUTH AFRICA (NEMISA) - HEAD OF TRAINING – 1 YEAR FIXED-TERM CONTRACT
NATIONAL ELECTRONIC MEDIA INSTITUTE OF SOUTH AFRICA (NEMISA)
Job Title: Head of Training – 1 Year Fixed-Term Contract
Department: Office of the Chief Executive Officer
Location: Gauteng Parktown
Salary Range: Grade 13
Upward Reporting Relationships: Chief Operating Officer
Reference Number: NEM-07/12/2020
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
- To direct, supervise and co-ordinate the training and development activities of the organization so that the organization delivers on its core mandate and realises its key strategic objective of training delivery.
• To enable the organisation to deliver on its mandate and achieve the set targets
• To oversee delivery of training programmes which are relevant, appropriate and capacitate trainees to such a degree that they are work ready and meet the expectations of the ICT industry.
• To enable the organisation to deliver on its mandate and achieve the set targets.
• Training programmes delivered adhere to high standards of curriculum delivery, meeting minimum standards of quality assurance and accrediting authority
• To transform NEMISA’s training approaches to adopt digital applications and implement the Learning Management System towards upscaled online learning, virtual learning and blended learning
• Coordinate the development of new qualifications and courses by engaging relevant stakeholders
• To ensure that the training department is adequately resourced with materials and tools required for the successful implementation of training programmes.
• To Manage and maintain accreditation status of NEMISA and manage accreditation scope extensions when required.
• Be to contact person between NEMISA and the accrediting bodies and maintain such relationships
• Submit reports accurately and adequately to the accrediting bodies
• Establish the Alumni services for students who have completed courses
• Manager work integration strategies and support students as they transition from learning to work including transition to entrepreneurial activities
• To ensure that training personnel undergo further training and development in the areas of technical application and curriculum development in delivery relevant to their disciplines
• To embrace a culture of self-development and continued learning
• To provide the CEO, EXCO & BOARD with reports on the status of training & operations
Education: Formal Qualifications
Education involves the acquisition of knowledge and skills through learning where subject matter is imparted systematically. Formal qualifications are obtained by studying at formal institutions e.g. universities, Technikons, colleges, etc.
Level of Education: Minimum:
• Honours Degree preferably in Education or Business or equivalent qualification at NQF level 8
• Master’s Degree in Education/ Business or equivalent qualification
Job related Work Experience
Experience is obtained through opportunities for exposure and practice at work. It includes all working experience that has some bearing on the job and is not restricted to the current organisation. Supervised on-the job training, internships and learnerships are incorporated within this category.
• 8-10 years’ experience in a Senior Management role in a similar or larger organisation, must have lead teams for a minimum of 5 years in the 10 years’ experience.
• 5 years’ experience within Public Sector
• 11+ years’ experience Senior Management in a similar environment
• 7+ years’ experience within Public Sector
Job related Knowledge
Job-related knowledge is typically gained through formal or informal training programs (these exclude programs through which Formal Qualifications are attained). It includes knowledge of facts, data and information and understanding the rationale behind models, theories and principles.
• Strategic management and reporting
• Digitally literate
• Business intelligence
• Leadership skills
• Written and Verbal Communication
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
• Strong mentoring and coaching skills
• Analysis and Problem Solving
• Strategic thinking
• Planning and organising
• Logical reasoning
• Deductive reasoning
• Critical judgement
• Information gathering
• Commercial acumen
• Emotional maturity
• Communication (Written and Verbal)
• Impact and influence
• Emotional maturity
• Results and quality focus
• Numerical reasoning
• Please email through comprehensive CV and certified copies of Qualifications/Supporting documents to: Headoftraining@nemisa.co.za
• If you do not hear from us within one week of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
• Preference will be given to historically disadvantaged applicants.
• Only candidates who meet the minimum requirements should apply. Correspondence will only be limited to short listed candidates.
• NEMISA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
• Closing Date: 07 January 2021 (16:00pm).
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, if this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goals.
Tel: + 27 - 11 484 0583, Fax: + 27 - 11 484 0615, Physical Address: 21 Girton Road, Parktown, Postal Address: P.O. Box 545, Auckland Park, Johannesburg 2006, www.nemisa.co.za
Non-Executive Directors: Ms Molebogeng Leshabane (Chairperson); Ms Tobeka Buswana; Mr Melvyn Lubega; Mr Lionel Adendorf; Ms Nomonde Hlatshaneni;
Prof Christian Adendorff; Ms Bongekile Filana
Executive Directors: Mr Trevor Rammitlwa CEO)
Company Secretary: Ms Fahmida Valla
Reg no. 98/14825/08