NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT AGENCY (NDA)
NDA PERMANENT POSITION
National Development Agency is a Schedule 3A National Public Entity with a mandate for poverty eradication and is accountable to Parliament through the Minister of Social Development.
The following position is available at NDA:
Reference no: 2021ACH01
Salary offered: R461 824 29 (TCOE) Grade 10
This position is primarily required to produce accurate monthly reports as well as to provide support for the efficient recording, disbursement and reporting of operational finances. The incumbent will ensure that proper accounting practices are followed in line with NDA’s financial policy and financial accounting requirements including GAAP, GRAP, IFRS, PFMA and National Treasury regulations. To render financial support services through processing of payments, budget monitoring and filing of all source documents within the unit.
Reports To: Financial Accountant
Position location: Head Office
Peromnes Grade: 10
Number of Direct Reports: N/A
Skills & Abilities
Accuracy and attention to detail
Good verbal and written communication
High numerical and analytical ability
Customer Service Orientation
Main Areas of Responsibility
• Provide customer service
• Handle general payment queries from suppliers and other stakeholders
• Provide feedback to internal and external customers timeously
• Process Invoices
• Ensure that invoices and statement received from suppliers are processed timeously on the system
• Ensure procurement and financial policies have been followed prior to capturing of invoices
• Ensure correct allocation and budget availability before capturing the invoices
• Payment of creditors and projects
• Compile a payment requisition and attach all necessary supporting documents for the payment
• Ensure payment is made in line with NDA policies
• Ensure compliance to PFMA and Treasury Regulations
• Ensure correct banking details are used for payment
• Report any non-compliance to management
• Month-end reporting
• Prepare monthly journals
• Ensure correct allocations
• Ensure journals are processed in the correct period
• Ensure proper authorisation of journals
• Process weekly and monthly cashbook transactions
• Prepare weekly and monthly bank reconciliations
• Prepare monthly GL recons
• Follow up reconciling items and clear
• Ensure GL recons are prepared and approved monthly
• Manage petty cash
• Keep and safeguard Head Office petty cash
• Perform cash reconciliations monthly and report discrepancies to the financial accountant
• Review provincial petty cash monthly and journalise expenses in the accounting system
KEY RELATIONSHIP INTERFACES
Internal Relationships - other than reporting lines (manager and subordinates). *
• All relevant NDA business units
External Relationships (With Local/Provincial structures and other key parties, specify)
Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
Preference will be given to candidates whose appointment will promote NDA Employment Equity targets.
NB: Use the job reference as a subject line (heading of the email application) e.g. Reference no: 2021ACH01. An email without the reference number as a subject / heading will be disqualified. Please ensure that the reference number is written the same way as in the advert.
Failure to submit a detailed CV, fully completed application form and compliance with the application instructions above will result in the disqualification of your application.
For enquiries please contact Mr Sibusiso Mlambo at Tel: 011 018 5632 or Mr Sisanda Nompumza at 011 018 5622
Should you not be contacted within two months of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application as unsuccessful. All candidates will be subjected to personnel suitability checks, qualification verification and competency asses rent where required.
CLOSING DATE: 31 OCTOBER 2021