MUSINA LOCAL MUNICIPALITY
ADVERTISEMENT - VACANCY
Musina Local Municipality invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill a vacancy of General Manager Community Services, a position is established in terms of section 56 & 56A of the Local Government Municipal Systems Act No 32 of 2000 as amended as a Performance Based Five Years Based Employment Contract.
The successful candidate will be appointed in terms of sections 56, 56A and 57 of Local Government Municipal Systems Act No 32 of 2000 as amended and the Local Government Laws Amendment Act 19 of 2008 and will be required to enter into an annual performance contract with council for each financial year for the duration of the employment relationship.
Musina Local Municipality is an equal opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, persons designated in terms of applicable legislations as historically disadvantaged South Africans as well as people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
• Excellent communication & leadership skills. Advanced Computer Skills. • Extensive Knowledge of Local Government legislation, policies, procedures and public office environment. • Knowledge and understanding of institutional governance systems and performance management. • Good knowledge and understanding of relevant policy and legislation; Good knowledge and understanding of institutional governance systems and performance management; Understanding of Council operations and delegation of powers, as well as overall Management of Cemetery, Public safety, Parks and recreation, Licensing & Vehicle Testing, Traffic & Law Enforcement and Social Services Sections / Division. Registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professionals (SACSSP), or similar recognized relevant professional body.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS INCLUDES: Provide Strategic Direction and monitor the implementation of the strategic objectives of the Directorate. Ensure cost effective management in the directorate's budget and the timely implementation of resolutions related to the Directorate. Oversee the development and review of relevant policies and strategies on matters pertaining to the Directorate. Ensure that the activities of the Directorate are aligned to the IDP and facilitate performance management in the Directorate. Strategically plan, organize, lead and control all the activities performed by the Directorate. Manage and coordinate Community Services Department including the following Units: Vehicle Testing and licensing services, Traffic and Protection Services, Library Services, Waste Management, Recreation and Cemeteries and Social Services.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS TO TAKE NOTE OF:
Forward your formal applications to: The Municipal Manager; Musina Local Municipality; Private Bag X611; Musina; 0900 or deliver to 21 Irwin Street; Musina.
Applications must be accompanied by a Musina Municipality application form for senior managers, a comprehensive curriculum vitae and certified copies of:
• Identity document
• Valid driver's license.
• Proof of professional body membership if applicable.
*Applications without the above will not be considered.
Musina Local Municipality reserves the right to / not to make appointments. If no response is received from Musina Municipality 90 days after the closing date, it must be regarded that your application was unsuccessful. Correspondence regarding the advertised positions will be limited to successful candidates only.
1. Candidates will be subjected to, a selection process including but not limited to screening suitability check competency assessments.
2. Candidates must be aware that the Municipality will conduct verifications including but not limited to employment history, qualifications, credit history, criminal records, Citizenship and Security Clearances.
3. Further candidates are advised that successful candidates will be required to make disclosures including Company directorship or ownership, financial interest and sponsorships, amongst other.
4. Fraudulent qualifications or documentation will immediately disqualify an applicant.
5. Direct or indirect canvassing for preferential treatment will result in automatic disqualification of the affected applicant.
6. Applications received after the closing date as well as faxed and Email applications will not be considered
Enquiries on the above should be directed to Human Resources Section at
015 534 6107 /6148 /6158.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS: 13 March 2020
NOTICE NUMBER: 8-2019/2020