LOCAL MUNICIPALITY OF LEKWA
The Lekwa Local Municipality with its seat in Standerton, invites applications from qualified and innovative individuals for the following position to become part of and join a dynamic and growth orientated Local Authority.
OFFICE OF THE EXECUTIVE MAYOR
Manager Office of the Executive Mayor
Reference Number : MM/M/001
Travelling Allowance of 750 Kilometers per month
• Facilitate and provide administrative and political support to the Executive Mayor with regard to all functions in the Executive Mayor’s Office.
• Oversee the development and implementation of strategies and operational policies in the Office of the Executive Mayor according to legislation and Council policies and procedures.
• Deal with high-level and confidential correspondence on behalf of the Executive Mayor that does not require political advice, but requires a direct response from the Executive Mayor.
• Oversee the provision of communications services for the Executive Mayor.
• Organise and prepare for media briefings and interviews in liaison with the Communication Unit.
• Serve as liaison between the administration and the Executive Mayor.
Salary: R553 463.00 per annum. Task Grade 16
1. Interested applicants meeting the requirements are requested to forward comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, together with certified copies of qualifications and identity documents to The Municipal Manager, Attention Human Resources Manager, PO Box 66, Standerton, 2430 or hand deliver such at the Lekwa Local Municipality Administrative Building, Corner Dr Beyers Naude and Mbonani Mayisela Street, Standerton.
2. Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered.
3. Correspondence will only be entered into with the shortlisted candidates.
4. Applicants who have not been contacted within sixty (60) days of the closing date for applications should consider their applications unsuccessful.
5. Lekwa Local Municipality reserves the right not to make any appointment.
6. The submission of an application gives Lekwa Local Municipality the right to make inquiries necessary to obtain information regarding the applicant’s background. Such enquiry will include current and previous employers, criminal records as well as academic institutions.
6. The application Form for employment obtainable from the Lekwa Local Municipality website at www.lekwalm.gov.za must be completed.
7. For further enquiries please contact the Human Resources Administration Officer, Mr F.N. Gqwashu at 072 7402 047.
Closing date for applications: 28 October 2019
Municipal Notice:17/2019 MUNICIPAL MANAGER