JOHANNESBURG ROADS AGENCY (JRA)
75 Helen Joseph Street Cnr. Harrison Street Johannesburg 2001
P/Bag X70 Braamfontein South Africa 2017
Tel +27(0) 11 298 5000 - Fax +27(0) 11 298 5178
www.jra.org.za - www.joburg.org.za
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 09/2020
NOTE: THIS IS AN EXTERNAL CIRCULAR
THE JOHANNESBURG ROADS AGENCY IS THE ENTITY OF THE CITY OF JOHANNESBURG.
JRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY COMPANY AND COMMITTED TO EE PRINCIPLES: Please note that should you not be contacted thirty days after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful. The Johannesburg Roads Agency reserves the right not to appoint. By submitting your application for a position, you acknowledge that the information is required for the purpose of processing and adjudicating your job application against requirements of the position and you consent to the processing and archiving of the said information.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSE PRACTITIONERS X 4 RE-ADVERTISMENT (12 MONTHS FIXED TERM CONTRACT)
R 286 792 - R 430 189 BASIC SALARY PER ANNUM
• To ensure a healthy workforce and provide a cost effective occupational and primary health service in alignment with JRA objectives.
• To ensure compliance with legislation, i.e. Occupational Health and Safety Act.
• Contribute to formulate medical surveillance policy.
• Plan medical surveillance programme for the company.
• Conduct pre-employment medical examination in accordance to medical examination protocols.
• Conduct pre-placement and transfer medicals in accordance to medical examination protocols.
• Provide a baseline health status and determining fitness for duty.
• Conduct periodic health screening to detect early signs of target organ damage related to specific health hazard exposure.
• Report and assist on all injuries on duty and occupational diseases to the Compensation Commissioner.
• Conduct exit medicals to detect and exclude possible occupational diseases related to occupational exposure.
• The OHN must follow JRA standards and procedures for medical surveillance process.
• Assess the health status of workers.
• Evaluate occupational hygiene surveys and identify trends.
• Provide specialist input into the compiling of man-job task specifications for all activities required by specific jobs.
• Identify and provide recommendations regarding the control of health and safety risk exposures.
• Provide care and support for certain diseases based on business imperatives e.g. HIV/AIDS.
• Conduct Return-to-Work assessments, return to work medical assessment which may include physical, audio, lung function and vision screening.
REQUIREMENTS AND SELECTION CRITERIA:
• Grade 12.
• Three-year Diploma in General Health Nursing.
• Certificate in Occupational Health Nursing.
• Certificate in Primary Health Care.
• Registration with the South African Nursing Council.
• Driver’s license.
• 4 years’ experience in occupational health nursing.
Applications: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Coloured, Indian, Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Please note that should you not be contacted within thirty days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Johannesburg Roads Agency reserves the right not to appoint.
Closing Date: 03 July 2020 @ 16:30