INSURANCE SECTOR EDUCATION AND TRAINING (INSETA) - INVITATION OF NOMINATIONS FOR APPOINTMENT OF ACCOUNTING AUTHORITY MEMBERS OF THE INSURANCE SECTOR EDUCATION AND TRAINING AUTHORITY (INSETA)
INSURANCE SECTOR EDUCATION AND TRAINING (INSETA)
Ground floor, 37 Empire Road, Parktown, Johannesburg 2193
P.O. Box 32035, Braamfontein 2017
Telephone: 011 381 8900
INVITATION OF NOMINATIONS FOR APPOINTMENT OF ACCOUNTING AUTHORITY MEMBERS OF THE INSURANCE SECTOR EDUCATION AND TRAINING AUTHORITY (INSETA)
Accounting Authority Composition:
The Accounting Authority will comprise fourteen (14) members and an Independent Chairperson
Eligibility Criteria for Accounting Authority Members: In terms of the INSETA Constitution, the eligibility criterion for Accounting Authority members is as follows:
- Members must be able to participate in decision making processes, understand the consequences of decisions and share in the accountability as members of the Accounting Authority.
- Members nominated to the Accounting Authority should comply with the following minimum requirements:
They must be drawn from the rank of senior officials in the organisation concerned
When considered as a whole, they should be sufficiently representative of Designated Groups and
They should have an appropriate blend of knowledge, skills and experience as well as the personal attributes of objectivity, integrity and commitment.
Selection criteria for Board Members: Constituencies should use the following criteria as guidelines when nominating their representatives to ensure that the representatives have the competence to make constructive contributions to the Board. Representatives should have knowledge, skills and expertise in the following areas:
- The functioning of the Board in terms of the requirements relating to corporate governance and ethics
- Skills development legislation and the NSDS
- The SETA’s responsibility in respect of service delivery
- The Public Finance Management Act (PFMA) and financial management
- The Sector and/or the Constituency represented by the Member
- The strategic leadership role of the Accounting Authority
- Education, training, skills development and human resource development
- Quality assurance of learning provision
- General management and business skills
- The communication and marketing role of an entity in relation to its stakeholders and
- Other areas of expertise relevant to the specific sector.
Disqualifying criteria: A person is disqualified from serving as a member of the Board if that person:
- Is not a citizen and is not permanently resident in the Republic
- Is under a legal disability
- Is an rehabilitated insolvent
- Has been removed from an office of trust on account of misconduct
- Has at any time been convicted in the Republic or elsewhere, of any offence for which such person is sentenced imprisonment without the option of a fine;
- Has at any time been convicted in the Republic or elsewhere of theft, fraud, corruption, forgery or any other act involving dishonesty
-Is a member of the Board of another SETA.
If you would like to nominate a person to serve on the INSETA Accounting Authority please complete the nomination form on INSETA website www.inseta.org.za and provide the nominees abridged CV (no more than two A4 pages). The CV must also include details of Board appointments (if applicable) that the nominee has been appointed to as well as indicating which constituency, as per the Constitution, your nominee’s employer is affiliated to (if applicable).
As all nominations have to be submitted to the Minister’s Office by 31st August 2019, we kindly request that you submit your organisation’s nominees before 12h00 on 30th August 2019 to:
Ms Nadia Starr
INSETA Chief Executive Officer
Board Members: M.V. Mokgobinyane (Chairperson), G. Conradie (Labour), A. D’Alton (Business), M. Machai (Business), B. McKay (Labour), A. Khoza (Business), W. Hiller van Rensburg (Business), J. Ramsunder (Business), L. Hollis (Labour), V. Pearson (Business), R. Motlhabane (Labour), M. Soobramoney (Labour), T.S Dinyake (Labour), I. Ramputa (Community Organisation), P. Govender (Professional Bodies) CEO: N. Starr