INSURANCE SECTOR EDUCATION AND TRAINING (INSETA)
Ground floor, 37 Empire Road, Parktown, Johannesburg 2193
P.O. Box 32035, Braamfontein 2017
Telephone: 011 381 8900
Job Title: Human Resources Specialist – Paterson JG C2
Department: Human Resources
Reporting Line: Human Resources Manager
• Completing standardized forms and documentation reflecting details / information and / or descriptions in respect of medical boarding, injury on duty, appointments / terminations instruction and / or leave applications and forwarding to specific internal / external departments for processing.
• Perusing thorough minutes of meetings, extracting and updating relevant procedural records in accordance with resolutions taken and / or alerting HR Manager to outstanding issues.
• Taking minutes in meetings (Staff meetings, EE Meetings, Health and Safety meetings, Bursary committee meetings and any other meetings facilitated by HR.
• Maintaining and updating employee information with respect to changes in employment/ employee status and attending to the safe keeping of personnel records / files in accordance with approved record keeping systems.
• Preparing memorandums to communicate specific human resources procedures and seeking approval prior to circulation
• Processing/updating Human Resources Information System records from approved applications and submissions with respect to training, employee wellness programmes, staff establishment details, job evaluations, job grading and job specifications.
• Ensure that filling in the HR division is updated all the time
• Attend to all the RFIs from the Internal Auditors and AG and ensure that correct information is submitted.
In order to ensure reporting deadlines are accomplished and accurate information is made available in accordance with laid down procedures.
Responsibility: Specific Human Resources Functions Time Split: 30%
Recruitment and selection.
Co-ordinates specific sequences associated with the employment of staff, by
• Verifying details of post recorded on approved vacancy requisition forms and/ or referring to the job description to establish role boundaries and specifications for inclusion into advertisements.
• Receiving and referencing applications from prospective candidates, checking and confirming references and related information and preparing short-list of candidates qualifying specific appointment criterions / standards.
• Liaise with Recruitment Agencies for sourcing candidates (Permanent and non-permanent)
• Scheduling and confirming the date of the interview and informing the panel and applicants accordingly.
• Applying specific statutory and procedural sequences on engagement of the successful applicants
(Unemployment Insurance Fund registration, Income Tax, banking details, criminal checks, credit checks, qualifications, checks and any other required checks)
In order to ensure employment applications are checked and verified enabling the INSETA to attract capable and competent individuals who satisfy the minimum standards applicable.
Responsibility: Training Co-ordination Time Split 10%
Co-ordinates procedural requirements associated with personnel development initiatives, by and availability of funds to address requirements.
• Receiving and referencing training and bursary applications and checking the budget provisions and availability of funds to address requirements.
• Making sure that the staff complete and sign the bursary agreement form.
• Communicating with accredited training service providers with regards to requirements and availability to conduct training.
• Arranging and confirming venues and checks facilitator requirements and delegates needs are attended to prior to commencement of training.
• Keep track of the employee’s studies by ensuring that the submit results.
• Ensure that all the bursary invoices are paid on time.
• Recover outstanding bursary debts for staff who are resigning.
• Responsible for Induction training.
In order to ensure laid down Human Resources and Administrative procedures are complied with and critical training interventions prioritized and efficiently and cost effectively co-ordinated.
Responsibility: Information and Statistics Time Split 10%
Collates and prepares qualitative information for inclusion into specific statutory reports, by
• Determining reporting requirements and accesses specific records and information system databases to extract information.
• Arranging and interpreting information to formulate summaries and conclusions on specific dimensions of human resources within the organization (employment levels, categories, gender and race groups, disabilities, skills profile, etc)
• Making available verified information to facilitate the compilation of statutory reports for submission to official regulatory bodies depicting the employment and skills profile of the organization. (Employment equity report to DOL and WSP/ATR to ETDPSETA)
• Prepare monthly reports, quarterly reports and Annual Reports
In order to ensure accurate information is made available to support specific decision making sequences and satisfy and, management reports requirements
Responsibility: General Support Functions. Time Split 10%
• Support asset retrieval by ensuring that all properties of the INSETA are retrieved from exiting employees such as laptops, access cards etc.
• Taking minutes, preparing the Agenda and submitting the minutes of Staff meetings and other HR related meetings.
• Capture RFP for all HR related assignments.
• Ensure that HR invoices are paid within 30 days.
• Relieve the Receptionist as and when required.
• Perform any other task as assigned by HR Manager.
Responsibility Payroll coordination and administration. Time split 10%
• Assisting with the payroll input ensuring that all the information and employee details are accurate, correct and submitted to Payroll on time.
• Administer leave records to ensure that accurate number of leave days is reflected per employee and resolving leave queries.
• Advise staff accordingly on any issues concerning leave
• Follow-up on any outstanding Payroll input documents that are not submitted by the divisions.
• Manage the absence recording system
• Implementing salary changes by submitting the relevant documents to Payroll.
• Maintaining confidentiality of HR division.
• Appointing new employees by completing all the appointment documents and submit to Payroll.
• Termination of exiting employees by completing all the required documents.
• Keeping records of all payroll letters
NQF Level: Grade 12 (NQF level 4)
Minimum Qualification Required The candidate must have a minimum of HR Degree to qualify for this position.
Required: ▪ Minimum of five years HR generalist and administrative working experience.
Preferred Other requirements:
• Must be able to work overtime when needed.
• Must have HR customer service and office work experience.
• Must have strong filling skills
▪ Understanding of all HR relevant legislation: the Skills Development Act and Skills Development Levies Act, Labour Relations Act, Basic Conditions of Employment Act, Employment Equity Act and Codes of Good Practices.
▪ Attention to detail
▪ Administration skills
▪ Problem solving skills
▪ Good communication and interpersonal skills
▪ Able to work without supervision and team player when required.
▪ Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
▪ Must be able to liaise with different grouping of stakeholders
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
Essential ▪ Basic business writing and reporting skills ▪ Computer Literacy (Excellent application of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Internet / Email, Windows explorer)
▪ Knowledge and understanding of:
▪ Human resource management practices and procedures
▪ Relevant legislation (Labour Relations Act, Basic Conditions of Employment Act, Employment Equity Act, Codes of Good Practices and Skills Development legislation)
▪ Principles of record keeping and leave and benefits administration
▪ Recruitment and placement processes
▪ Administrative capability
▪ Service delivery innovation
▪ Honesty and integrity
▪ Resilient under pressure
▪ Deadline driven
▪ Ability to ensure the confidentiality of all employees regarding their personal information
▪ Ability to take initiative and you are capable of working autonomously and as a part of a team.
▪ Ability to work on own initiative but also as part of a team when appropriate
▪ Excellent organizing skills and planning own workload to meet deadlines
Resources availed to personnel:
Access to internet
- Printer (colour and black & white)
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A RE-ADVERTISEMENT OF THE POST. ALL THOSE CANDIDATES WHO HAVE APPLIED NEED NOT RE-APPLY AS THEIR APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
INSETA is an equal opportunity employer and preference will be afforded to candidates in terms of our Employment Equity Plan.
Please forward your application letter supported by your CV to email@example.com with the position you are applying for clearly stated.
Closing date: 08 March 2020.
INSETA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
No late applications will be accepted.
Board Members: M.V. Mokgobinyane (Chairperson), G. Conradie (Labour), A. D’Alton (Business), M. Machai (Business), B. McKay (Labour), A. Khoza (Business), W. Hiller van Rensburg (Business), J. Ramsunder (Business), L. Hollis (Labour), V. Pearson (Business), R. Motlhabane (Labour), M. Soobramoney (Labour), T.S Dinyake (Labour), I. Ramputa (Community Organisation), P. Govender (Professional Bodies) CEO: N. Starr