HEALTH PROFESSIONS COUNCIL OF SOUTH AFRICA (HPCSA)
The Health Professions Council of South Africa’s vision is realised through protecting the public and guiding the professions.
Senior Manager: RAF Section
[Paterson Grade D3]
Five (5) year fixed-term employment contract Remuneration package: R1, 120, 770 per annum
• Attend Appeal Committee meetings and ensure that resolutions taken are legally sound & Minutes and Agendas are of a high standard;
• Provide ethical and legal support to Tribunal Committees
• Ensuring that a status report is compiled and updated monthly;
• Check weekly reports generated by Secretary to Senior Manager and, as well as work output by Legal Assistance and Case Administrators to ensure acknowledgements and letters are directed to relevant parties within the timeframes;
• Provide legal advice to the Head of Legal and Registrar, staff members and all the Council structures, and stake holders;
• Managing RAF litigation and signing of RAF Agendas.
• Managing all RAF operational Meetings and engagements with stakeholders
• In conjunction with the Head of department, ensure an effective management of risk control for the Legal and regulatory Affairs,
• Scrutinise and approve claims from internal and external service providers against negotiated or standing tariffs;
• Submission of monthly reports to the office of the Head of the Legal and corporation affairs and RAF;
• Manage the work schedules of the Case Administrator, Legal Assistance, Secretaries and administrators.
• Drafting, vetting and management of RAF contracts on behalf of the HPCSA to ensure that the rights of the HPCSA are protected;
• Manage applications management budget and ensure that there is no overspend;
• Carry out any other duties that may be assigned by the Head of Legal and Corporation Affairs.
In line with HPCSA’s Employment Equity and commitment to diversify its workforce and as such, preference will be given to suitably qualified female candidates. Disabled people are encouraged to apply
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a competency assessment.
All interested applicants should forward their application letter, together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title in the subject line.
HPCSA reserves the right not to make any appointment to this position
Closing date: 02 August 2019
If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date of the application, please consider your application as being unsuccessful. Communication will be entered into with short-listed candidates only.