HEALTH PROFESSIONS COUNCIL OF SOUTH AFRICA (HPCSA)
The Health Professions Council of South Africa vision is realised through protecting the public and guiding the professions.
PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE OFFICER: ETHICS
(Paterson Grade: C5)
Remuneration Package: R660, 639 per annum (Total Cost to Council)
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES & KEY PERFORMANCE AREA
• Responds to and offers guidance to practitioners, patients and their families stemming from clinical interactions between practitioners and patients.
• Facilitates the making of ethical rulings by Council and/or professional Boards on matters not adequately or clearly covered in the Ethical Rules of Conduct and/or Guidelines.
• Review the ethical rulings in line with the emerging trends in health.
• Provides input on health policies and procedures that may be affected by prevailing, new or emerging moral and ethical interpretations.
• Prepare agenda items for all matters related to ethical practice that require decision making by Council and/or Professional Boards.
• Liaise with the Education and Training Division on curricula development on matters related to Ethics and Ethical conduct and Conduct Continuing Professional Development activities.
• Conduct Continuing Professional Development activities.
• Submit monthly and quarterly reports to the Head of Division, Council and/or relevant Council Committee on all matters that served at Council/Board structures.
All shortlisted candidates may be subjected to a competency exercise
In line with HPCSA’s Employment Equity and commitment to diversify its workforce and as such, preference will be given to suitably qualified African Male candidates. Disabled people are encouraged to apply. Successful candidate will be required to travel extensively.
All interested applicants should forward their applications, together with a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title in the subject line.
HPCSA reserves the right not to make any appointment to these positions
Closing date: 26 February 2021
If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date of the application, please consider your application as being unsuccessful. Communication will be with shortlisted candidates only.