EXPORT CREDIT INSURANCE CORPORATION OF SOUTH AFRICA SOC LIMITED (ECIC)
The Export Credit Insurance Corporation of South Africa SOC Ltd (ECIC) is a wholly owned corporation of the DTI with a mandate to facilitate and encourage the export of South African goods and services. The ECIC achieves this by underwriting bank loans and offshore investments and provides export credit and foreign investment insurance cover. The ECIC is a registered insurer and is regulated by the Financial Sector Conduct Authority and Prudential Authority.
Job Title: Economist
Reports to: Head: Political, Economic Analysis & Research
Number of Subordinates: 0
Job Grade: D1
Type of Appointment: Permanent
• Monitor and manage country/sector risk exposure limits as well as single obligor
limits, concentration risk in line with risk appetite document of the ECIC.
• Liaise with the other Business Units and management on operational issues and evaluation of project insurance applications.
• Perform economic impact assessment and modelling.
• Assist Unit Head in making decisions and recommendations for the risks assessment reports, specifically country and industry reports.
• Technical reports writing
• Risk pricing
• Strategic ad hoc research & analysis
• Interaction with internal & external clients & stakeholders
• All Operational functions
• ECIC key stakeholders
• Staff of the Corporation
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Minimum B.Com (Honours) in Economics with subjects including Business Management, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Development Economics, Public Sector Economics, Political Science, Accounting, Statistical Methods (or Econometrics)
• Minimum 2 years' experience is required in the field of economic research and analysis in a business or financial environment
SKILLS & ABILITIES
The incumbent should have demonstrated the following competencies:
• Economic research & International relations research
• Data analysis,
• Report writing,
• Risk analysis
• Excellent communication and writing skills.
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to use own initiatives.
• Ability to prioritize own tasks effectively
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to forge relationships with other areas of the business and at all levels;
• Problem solving skills to identify issues and present creative and practical solutions
The incumbent is required to have the following Behavioural competencies:
• Problem solving: Demonstrates adequate problem-solving skills and appropriately applies proven solutions.
• Delivery: Translates business objectives into practical, prioritised and organised action plans; ensures plans are safely and successfully implemented.
• Conflict resolution: Identifies and pushes for solutions in which all parties can benefit.
• Team participation: Consistently offers relevant inputs to team discussions as issues are being clarified and solutions are being developed.
• Flexibility: Available to work more than ordinary business hours.
Applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. CVs include a candidate profile form.
Closing Date: Friday, 19 June 2020
NOTE: It is ECIC’s intention to promote equity through the filling of posts, according to the set Employment Equity targets.
Personal information collected and processed for purposes of recruitment will be protected from unauthorised access and improper use or disclosure.