EMALAHLENI LOCAL MUNICIPALITY
NOTICE NO: HR 03/2019
ADVERTISEMENT OF POSITIONS
Emalahleni Municipality is a Grade 2 municipality comprising of lndwe, Dordrecht and Cacadu with its seat in Cacadu. Emalahleni Municipality is an equal opportunity employer and subscribes to the principles of employment equity. The Municipality invites suitable qualified candidates to apply for the following position.
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of relevant policy and legislation
• Advanced understanding of institutional governance systems and performance management
• Advanced understanding of council operations and delegation of powers
• Good governance
• Audit and risk management establishment and functionality
• Budget and finance management
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Carry out the duties of the Municipal Manager as contained in section 55 of the Municipal Systems Act 32 of 2000.
• Strategic planning and ensure that a strategic management culture exists within the institution.
• Inform and develop an economical, effective, efficient and accountable administration.
• Manage the municipality's administration in accordance with Municipal Systems Act and other applicable legislations.
• Manage provision of services to the local community in a sustainable and equitable manner.
• Exercise any powers and duties delegated by the municipal council or sub delegated by other delegating authorities of the municipality to the municipal manager.
• Provide sound and strategic advice to political structures and office-bearers, manage communication between them, administer and carry out their decisions.
• The implementation of the municipality's integrated development plan, and the monitoring of the progress with implementation of the Serve Delivery and Budget Implementation Plan.
• Carrying out the decisions of the political structures and political office bearers of the municipality as per the adopted delegation framework in terms of section 59 of the Local Government: Municipal Structures Act 117 of 1998.
• Appoint staff other than those referred to in terms of section in terms of section 56 of the MSA, subject to the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998.
• Ensure effective utilisation, training and discipline of staff.
• The management of the provision of services to the local community in a sustainable and equitable manner.
• Ensure implementation of national and provincial legislation applicable to the municipality.
NB: Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to competency assessments and security vetting.
Applicants for the above-mentioned positions are required to submit a prescribed application form obtainable from our reception or download from www.emalahlenilm.gov.za, detailed Curriculum Vitae together with certified copies of all qualifications and the Identity Document. Applications not accompanied by the required documentation will not be considered. The Council reserves the right not to continue with the interviews and appointments if no suitable candidate is found.
Faxed ore-mailed applications will not be accepted.
Enquiries can be made with, ClIr N.F. Koni, at 047 878 2000 during office hours. (08H00 to 16H30)
Applications should be addressed to:
ClIr N.F Koni
The Honourable Mayor
Emalahleni Local Municipality
Private Bag X1161
CLOSING DATE: MONDAY, 20 MAY 2019