CROSS-BORDER ROAD TRANSPORT AGENCY (CBRTA)
EXECUTIVE MANAGER: CORPORATE SERVICES
Ref: CEO 001/10/2020
(5 Years Fixed Term Contract)
The Cross-Border Road Transport Agency is a statutory authority, established in terms of Section 4 of the Cross-Border Road Transport Act, 4 of 1998, as amended, to regulate cross-border road transport.
The position will be based at the Agency’ Head Office in Centurion. The incumbent will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
• Strategic Human Resources Management;
• Advanced knowledge in Employee Relations Management;
• In- depth knowledge of Cross-Border Road Transport Act, its Regulations and all applicable legislation (including the PFMA);
• Contemporary knowledge of ethics and standards applicable to HR and legal practice;
• Knowledge in legislation drafting and interpretation;
• Knowledge in contracts negotiations, drafting and vetting
• Project Management Skills;
• Job profiling, Job Evaluations and Grading; and
• Knowledge of facilities management and Occupational Health and Safety.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
The successful candidate will be expected to: -
▪ Provide vision for achieving mission objectives through human resources strategy;
▪ Oversee Corporate Services units and financial risk to the Agency;
▪ Drive the strategic and operational initiatives for Facilities Management;
▪ Direct the Customer relationship management function;
▪ Manage the Agency’s legal function;
▪ Oversee the execution of periodic reviews and development of legislative review proposals (Cross-Border Road Transport Act and its Regulations);
▪ Prepare amendments to the Regulations to effect annual permit tariff amendments;
▪ Design and implement systems to promote legislative compliance;
▪ Interpretation of Cross-Border Road Transport Act, road transport agreements and related transport legislation;
▪ Advise the Board, Regulatory Committee and management committees on new legislative developments;
▪ Ensure that department is adequately staffed;
▪ Train, mentor and coach direct reports;
▪ Define, review, and manage performance objectives for the division;
▪ Manage the Agency’s Performance Management system; and
▪ Direct management and supervision of staff.
BENEFITS: The employer offers an all-inclusive market related package.
CLOSING DATE: 27 October 2020
Submit detailed CV’s including certified copies of qualifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org and kindly indicate the reference number
C-BRTA reserves the right not to appoint. Short-listed candidates will be subjected to a reference, security clearance and criminal records check.
It is our intention to promote representivity in respect of race, gender and disability through the filling of this position. Candidates whose appointment will promote representivity will therefore receive preference.
Should you not hear from the C-BRTA in 21 days after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.