CROSS-BORDER ROAD TRANSPORT AGENCY (C-BRTA)
Ref: SR 001/11/2018
(3 Year fixed term contract)
The Cross-Border Road Transport Agency is a statutory authority, established in terms of Section 4 of the Cross-Border Road Transport Act, Act 4 of 1998, as amended, to regulate cross-border road transport.
Key Performance Areas:
➢Managing key regional co-operative and consultative and consultative relationships.
▪ Ensure the implementation of the SACU MOU and Chapters 5 and 6 of the SADC Protocol on Transport, Communications and Meteorology;
▪ Coordinate bilateral and multilateral forums and structures;
▪ Coordinate and manage the work of the Cross Border Road Transport-Regulators Forum (CBRT-RF);
▪ Manage and ensure the smooth coordination of regional partners;
▪ Determine meeting priorities and set the Agenda/programme where necessary;
Facilitate meetings and engagements as identified.
▪ Resolution of operator constraints;
▪ General management.
➢Resolution of operator constraints
▪ Address reported non-tariff barriers against the Agency and the republic;
▪ Monitor the implementation of international transport agreements and recommend review where necessary; and
▪ Develop profiles of all foreign countries and the conditions that they subject South African operators to and initiate reciprocity where necessary.
Produce and submit the following reports as may be required:
▪ Weekly reports;
▪ Monthly reports;
▪ Quarterly reports;
▪ Annual report;
▪ Ad hoc reports; and
▪ Any report as and when requested.
▪ Ensure understanding of objectives, purposes and achievements of unit;
▪ Provide suitable interpretation of industry dynamics to management, team and staff within the organisation;
▪ Ensure that planned activities are aligned with Agency’s strategy, APP and integrate with C-BRT Act;
▪ Prepare project proposals and present to senior/executive management;
▪ Conduct operational meetings;
▪ Manage and control expenditure within agreed budgets; and
▪ Track and monitor performance in accordance with performance contracts.
▪ Operational policies and procedures
▪ Performance management
▪ Stakeholder Management
▪ Cross-Border Road Transport Act
▪ SACU MOU and Chapters 5 and 6 of the SADC Protocol on Transport, Communications and Meteorology
▪ Statutory requirements e.g. PFMA, Labour relations
▪ BBBEE policy
▪ PPPP business principles
▪ SADC Political and economic environment
▪ SADC protocols and communication channels
▪ Planning and organisational skills
▪ Facilitation skills
▪ Problem solving and analytical skills
▪ Stakeholder management skills
▪ Reporting skills
▪ Communication skills
▪ Business writing skills
▪ Team player
▪ Results oriented
▪ Persuasive, assertive and outgoing
CLOSING DATE: 20 November 2018
BENEFITS:The employer offers an all-inclusive market related package.
Candidates should forward their applications and certified copies of qualifications to the Human Resources Division by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB:Please quote the reference number in your application. Should you fail to do so, your application will not be considered.
C-BRTA reserves the right not to appoint. Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a reference check, security clearance and criminal records check.
Please note: if you do not hear from the C-BRTA 21 days after the closing date, consider your application to be unsuccessful