CHRIS HANI DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the below mentioned posts. Chris Hani District Municipality subscribes to the principles of employment equity as espoused in the relevant legislation.
• Directs the execution of specific instructions and application of laid down
procedures with respect to research and PAIA.
• Leading the formulation and implementation of specific procedures, systems and controls and presents recommendations to support amendments to the Municipal Managers and/or Councils Committees.
• Leads the evaluation and review of the Operations Plans against critical deliverables as identified in the organization's Integrated Development Plan.
• Develops and lead the budget process of the office for consideration by the immediate superior.
• Designs and develops the risk management and governance activities.
• Design a process to be followed in the management of stakeholders.
• Provides management and control of assets
• Leads the reporting mechanism attached to the office.
• Leading procedural administrative requirements and reporting deadlines associated with the functionality.
WATER SERVICES PLANNING MANAGER
[Task Grade 16: Salary Scale R583, 503.00 — R 757, 522.00 per annum plus benefits]
TOTAL REMUNERATION PACKAGER: R 1003, 885.00 per annum(subject to certain conditions)
• Grade 12
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering specializing in Water or relevant qualification specializing in Water at NQF level 6.
• At least 5 years' experience of which 3 years must be in management/supervisory level and 3 years in water services planning.
• Valid registration with ECSA.
• Driver's License.
Task Grade 15: Salary Scale R 518,243.00 — R 672,723.00 per annum
Total Remuneration Package R 898, 477.00 per annum (Subject to certain conditions)
• Bachelor's Degree in Development Studies or relevant qualification at NQF
• At least 5 — 7 years experience on development planning of which 3 years must be at supervisory or managerial level.
• Valid Driver's License.
Key Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Provide a comprehensive and professional planning service for the institution
• Control processes and procedures associated with integrated development
planning function within the District Municipality.
• Control the internal processes to establish the Integrated Development Plan.
• Support the cascading and alignment of objectives for the Municipality.
• Coordinate and disseminate the monitor and review requirements, reporting and processes to ensure appropriate IDP compliance and alignment.
• Monitor and review the performance of the organisation for reporting on the IDP processes, successes and shortcomings.
• Provide professional support, guidance and consult with local municipalities, sections, directorate, etc. in order to create the integrated development plan.
Fringe Benefits: Medical Aid Scheme, Housing Subsidy, Pension Scheme, Group Life, 13th Cheque, car scheme [where applicable].
Enquiries may be directed to Mr. T. Feni or the Recruitment and Selection Office at 045 808 4669/34.
1. Preference will be given to suitably qualified persons in line with the employment equity act and approved employment equity plan of the district municipality.
2. It is compulsory to submit your application letter accompanied by a comprehensive CV, certified copies of your qualifications, certified identity document and certified copy of your valid driver's license when required.
3. No faxed CV's or e-mail applications will be accepted. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by the Municipality. If the candidate / applicant is found canvassing any of the panelists he / she automatically disqualify him/herself.
4. Appointment will be subjected to compulsory pre-employment screening in the form of determining the validity of qualifications, current and previous employment reference check, criminal checks and competency assessment.
5. Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. Should you not be contacted after 30 days from the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your applicationunsuccessful.
6. Closing date of the advertisement is the 10th December 2020
"The Municipality reserves a right not to appoint"
Applications must be forwarded to:
The Chris Hani District Municipality, Human Resources Section, Private Bag X 7121, Queenstown, 5320 or hand deliver to 15 Bells Road, Queenstown.
G. MASHIYI, MUNICIPAL MANAGER